My pappys change bucket

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Evan Saltis, May 12, 2021.

1. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Helped him fix up his TVs and sound systems today. He had some change and asked if I wanted to take a look.

why not?

my second ever peace dollar was in this jug.
    results:
    64B91DF9-E46D-4F4E-8593-1757B7717CC6.jpeg 3098D041-6835-400A-BAF7-6FD14F849BEF.jpeg 681FBD1C-F39E-4FAD-B091-479152AA4203.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Awesome haul!! Is that a 21 dollar? I can't tell... I am guessing probably a 24.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

looks like 1924

1stSgt22 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Still is an awesome haul!

1stSgt22 and Evan Saltis like this.
  7. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Sweet, I wonder what it would look like after a dip.

1stSgt22 and Evan Saltis like this.
  8. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

There's some nice detail left on that one. I think I'd give it a little acetone. Then, after that, maybe a little Sun. Both sides, but not too long, maybe a few hours at a crack, checking it, because it will blacken if left too long.

9. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Figures he takes the cooolest coin of the bunch ! :happy:

1stSgt22 likes this.
  10. Evan Saltis

You think? I have some Morgan’s with similar issues. Also from my grandfather. Have considered cleaning but afraid I’ll jack them up.

1stSgt22 and YoloBagels like this.
  11. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

At least you work for cheap .:hilarious: Or in this case, Peace ! LOL

1stSgt22 likes this.
  12. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I figured you'd know, lol.

Randy Abercrombie and 1stSgt22 like this.
  13. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

1stSgt22 likes this.
  14. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Outstanding!!! Especially for doing something you would have done for free!!! I agree on the 1924!!! Could turn into a beautiful addition to your collection Evan!! Congrats!!!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  15. Evan Saltis

To clarify- my grandfather is not the type to take the time to load this jar with stuff for me. This must have just been in the house, something I didn't take when I helped clean out his change about a decade ago.

He said it must have been his father's because he didn't know what it was. Just like the other morgans he had kicking around.

Yep. I don't need payment though, it just happened to be a bonus today.

Sure will be! I have a sizable stack of coins to go through now. Maybe something cool. I know there is a spitting horse Delaware which extended to the rim. My first of of one of those as well.

However, I still have my heart set on some Wisconsin extra leafs :(

GH#75, Bradley Trotter, MIGuy and 3 others like this.
  16. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Yep. 1924, and thanks to Evan for posting the photos Full Image so I could easily enlarge them.

1stSgt22 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  17. Evan Saltis

:) You're welcome, lol!

Still a bit of an ugly coin. Hard to read the date based on the ugly toning. I'm about to grab the others and maybe there's a way to improve eye appeal without completely ruining them.

18. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Well, you want to hold off on the silver polish. But acetone is OK to loosen things up a little because it’s volatile, and you can’t get more natural than the Sun. I’d just keep tabs on it. This one looks like it hasn’t seen the light of day in quite some time. A little Sun will reawaken it a little. Whatever is caked on it now is probably stable and holding it in that comatose state. Open up its pores, give it a chance to breathe. That’s what you’re going to be doing, figuratively-speaking, think of it like that...

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  19. Randy Abercrombie

I hadn’t ever heard that before but it makes good horse sense. Never thought of leaving a coin in the sunlight to put a little life back into a tired old coin. Glad I read that.

eddiespin and masterswimmer like this.
  20. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice,here's my ugly ducking from a fellow family member got it for free along with another one.I think yours has better detail underneath all that might be MS. 20210512_192604.jpg 20210512_192616.jpg

21. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

@Evan Saltis nice bounty from your pappy. I like his style. Enjoy those moments with him. They're fleeting.

Skyquest and potty dollar 1878 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted