My paper money collection

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by MowzerXD, Jul 27, 2018.

1. MowzerXD

MowzerXD Member

Over the past few years i have been pulling older bills, star notes, and unique serial numbers out of circulation. All of the posted pictures were notes ive found in curculation. I wanted to post here because i dont know much about them. Any information, tips, and opinions will be welcomed with open arms. I collect these because I find them interesting, but if theres any value here, beyond the face value, itd be nice to know lol.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Nice collection!

MowzerXD likes this.
  4. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

And I thought my 1 star note was cool:(

MowzerXD likes this.
  5. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

You have one more than I do :)

MowzerXD likes this.
  6. CoinBlazer

me?:wideyed:

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Nice to get some red seals in circulation.

MowzerXD likes this.
  8. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Yep!

9. CoinBlazer

Yay, you just inflated my ego more than Nixon inflated our economy!!!!!

Kentucky and Dave M like this.
  10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Interesting collection, and since they are all pulled from circulation, if you get in a pinch you can spend them.

11. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice modern paper currency collection.

13. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

Do you collect sheets ?

14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Perfect kind of collection - just notes you found that interest you. Be careful when collecting larger denominations, because so much is tied up in face value. Anything $10 and under I say go for unreservedly. And nice condition stars are almost always worth keeping.

Reminds me of a scene from Throw Momma From The Train (great movie), where Owen shows off his coin collection. It's a quarter, a nickel, and another nickel... are any of these coins valuable? Nope... but it turns out, they are coins from when his father took him to places and let him keep the change. So it turns out, they are valuable...

Drawde and Dave L like this.
  15. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Nice Collection!

16. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

That is so neat how you can have so many star notes.

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Went into a coin shop a couple of weeks ago and since I couldn't find anything I liked (and could afford), I was standing around and talking to the owner. While I was there, three customers came in to sell something. One of them was a waitress who had a stack of Silver Certificates at least 2 inches thick. He advised her to spend them.

18. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's true they don't have high value. But they can be flea marketed for $2-$3 apiece. And there are some varieties, the upside down W substituting for an M, etc.

19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Little to no value but I would have offered to buy them at face plus a bit more. It would have been nice to search them.

20. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

I too have a large collection of $1 FRN's that I have been pulling and saving for years (1995-2017). Now I have eye problems and will disperse them.I plan to send them out to my longtime "Trading-partners" and "Mail-Buddies" as gifts, only asking for face value in return. If you are on my trading-list, watch for my shipment...

This is my way of paying it forward!

Oh, I almost forgot. I still am holding on to the error notes and my 1995 "BP-295" by block/run.

21. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

We’re these also circulation finds ?

Draft saved Draft deleted