My old bills worth anything?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Bluegill, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Bluegill

Bluegill Senior Member

I almost put this in the "What's It Worth" forum, but this seemed more appropriate.

I have some paper currency I’m trying to figure out what to do with. I might just spend (or trade) some of it, but I want to make sure I don’t have anything unusual. Would any of these likely be worth more than face value? (I think I know the answer already)

I'm most curious about 4). Was/is it common practice for any collectors to get bills stamped and postmarked for any reason? If it's anything like coins, I'd guess that most collectors would now consider it defaced and any extra value diminished.

1) $1 1935E U59449874H with a couple of small “rumples” but no creases, and two small dogears

2) $1 1935E B95279993I no creases, clean, sharp corners

3) $10 1934D B49922554A crisp, with small marks on reverse, a dogeared corner, crease in the center and “480” written in pencil inside the margin :(

4) $2 1976 H03334609A crisp uncirculated, but it has a 13 cent stamp and is postmarked 4/13/1976, postmarked here in Louisville (date released?)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dollarcrazy

dollarcrazy New Member

All keepers in my opinion Bluegill. The $2 is one of those numismatic/philatelic cross-overs and yes that was the first issue date like a first-day cover.
    Hope this helps.

4. Bluegill

Bluegill Senior Member

Thanks--it's always good to have an opinion from someone who knows a little more about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted