My NGC holders rattle

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Nov 15, 2013.

1. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Ok so I have few coins in NGC new edgeview holders, and they rattle. move inside that holder. Aren't the coins supposed to be secured inside those things?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

what kind of coins? I could see it happening if they used the wrong insert, say a dime in a cent insert ot a nickel in a quarter insert. The prongs would probable still hold it in place but it wouldn't be snug and could possibly rattle and rotate.

4. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I have a few NGC holders that came special with "wiggle room".

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I just got an ASE 2008 MS70 in a black retro and it's loose. The coin doesn't move, but I think the black plastic is slightly smaller than the clear "case". For this coin, it's not critical to me.

NGC has great customer service. Give them a call and I'm sure they'll reholder it for you at no charge.

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

It happens to mine too. Capped bust halves. People collect PCGS "rattlers", so maybe this will catch on and become a thing.

7. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

It has happened to my Capped Bust Halfs as well.

8. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

One is an eagle in a retro slab and the other is a Kook in a regular edgeview.

9. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Sorry my computer just froze and posted 2 times.

10. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I have a couple that do that. It's so minimal that I can't tell if its the white piece moving around in the clear outer case, or the coin moving around in the white piece.
    With so many of those things being made I figure it's bound to happen. Every single one can't fit 100% perfectly snug.

Draft saved Draft deleted