My Newest Half Cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I recently added this beauty to my Dansco Type Set. An 1855 Half Cent with only 56,500 minted. She’s the Braided Hair type which was minted from 1840-1857.
    There are originals and restrikes of all dates. Most originals have large berries in the wreath on the reverse while the small berries are on most restrikes. This looks like the large berries to me but this is not a series that I’m real familiar with. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.
    There are two die cracks in the word STATES. I think she just barely makes the AU-50 grade.
    286EA6A4-0707-44CA-9AA9-91F085A80563.jpeg DD9FE8B5-6917-4518-96BD-908742338290.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

4. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Really like these coins. Low mintage on All dates.With a mintage of 56,500 for the 1855 one can't help but wonder how many survive. I've always been amazed at the low prices for these beautiful pieces of American history.

Collecting Nut and PamR like this.
  5. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

This looks great. Is the color true to the photo?

Collecting Nut likes this.
  6. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

Very nice!!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis Helpful? Click *Best Answer*! Supporter

Incredible, I've actually never owned a half cent. Just haven't found one to my tastes... and when I've looked for one, I usually end up spending my money on something else :(

someday... :) otherwise my type set is coming together nicely. Can't wait to see yours completed, Collecting Nut

PamR and Collecting Nut like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Yes it is. A beautiful, very attractive coin.

PamR likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Two to go in the low grade set. 20 to go in the high grade set. It’s gonna cost me to finish them but hey, I am a coin collector. :)

PamR, Jeffjay and Evan Saltis like this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Nice addition.

PamR and Collecting Nut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted