My March of Dimes sets arrived! Aren't they beautiful?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, May 6, 2015.

1. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Do you know about priority regional rate box A? You could have used it and shipped for around $8-$10 and saved.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

Mine was backordered till August too, but guess what? They came today!

Out of 6 coins in two sets, I see one slight 2mm scratch left of the date on one of the dollars, but the other 5 coins are spotless. Won't be getting them graded, but probably will sell one of the two sets to recoup my initial layout.

Cochisz and C-B-D like this.
  4. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Actually, I've been getting orders done pretty quickly lately. On just about every tier except World economy, those are still pretty slow.

But for this March of Dimes order, I'm sure that the PCGS member's only show in Las Vegas last week and also the recent Holiday weekend doesn't help to get them done any faster!

Mine are in under a bulk submission and they should be done any day now. I only sent the dimes from these sets to get graded as I didn't really think most people would care as much about the silver dollar that has already been out for awhile and the cost of getting a bunch of the silver dollars graded seemed too high. Hoping for a decent percentage of PR70 coins :)

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

All 5 of my dollars came back 70 and all 5 sold for $88... buy-it-now. Maybe I priced em too low. They were all gone in less than a day.

medjoy likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

illini420 likes this.
  7. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Seems low after having to pay the grading fees... with the Mint still selling the proof dollar at $51.95 each, I have had no trouble selling the uncertified proof dollars for around $40 each at local coin club meetings. I suspect I'll be able to sell more at local coin shows too... just didn't seem worth the grading expense knowing they don't even go for $100 if you get a PR70... and you'd certainly be losing money on any PR69 dollars.

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Oh well I made out like a bandit.

flyers10 and illini420 like this.
  9. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I still haven't got my 4 sets back from PCGS yet. Hopefully in the next few days.

10. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

You know something, I've never yet used a regional rate box! Bet it's time to look into the buggars, but, in this case.... The buyer just lived a county away, so actual shipping at 4lbs. turned out to only be $5.xx plus $2.30 for Signature Confirmation. So I'm a few extra bucks into the green!
    I'll post my "Free" MS-65 Morgan in the "bad pictures ~ gambled on eBay" thread when it comes in....heheheh....I'm pretty confident in it :-D

C-B-D likes this.
  11. flyers10

Well PCGS called me today. Guess my 4 sets got graded. They didn't tell me they charge $18 per coin to put that first strike label and I didn't pay for that. Unreal. I said just put the regular label on. I couldn't see paying over 200 bucks more for that BS

green18 likes this.
  12. flyers10

Well got the grades back. Only 2 PF70's on W dime and the P reverse proof dime. Rest 69's with 1 dollar coin a PF68. Maybe I should of paid the 18 bucks extra per coin. Lol!

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Man that is BAD! I'm starting to feel really lucky on my grades.

14. flyers10

Yeah. I at least wanted one full 70 set. Not happy but no biggie.

15. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

2 out of 4 for the reverse proof dime is actually really good. The pop reports show only about 30% of the reverse proof dimes getting PR70 at PCGS and that percentage is exaggerated as it doesn't factor in the number of coins sent in by dealers that did not meet the minimum grades they specified.

I did receive my grades back from PCGS today. I only had the dimes graded and didn't do anywhere near I thought I would do. Only 10% of my reverse proof dimes received PR70 and 45% of the 2015-W proof dime received PR70. Very tough on my group of reverse proofs for sure!

flyers10 likes this.
  16. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Maybe you should have sent them to NGC, they would have all got 70s.

flyers10 likes this.
  17. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

You know Stewart, I think you might be right about that. NGC seems to be a lot more "generous" with moderns from what I've read over the past few new releases. Wild stuff!

18. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Sounds like you got someone's return..

19. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I hope its not your only job because selling mint items can be slow.

20. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

unless you work for the mint...

21. MoneyHungry

MoneyHungry angel in a earth suit

I like this set a lot; but, It could have came in a larger display box so the rest of the room in my safe deposit box would be all used up. Just like the 2009 high relief double eagle did.

Draft saved Draft deleted