My March of Dimes sets arrived! Aren't they beautiful?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, May 6, 2015.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I'm sorry, but LOL again, I gave you facts in post #103. The problem is these anti modern trolls attack modern threads with no or irrelevant facts. They compare these super low mintage issues to mint products from 50 years ago that were made in the millions.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

*one eBay dealer is selling graded PR69 DCAM 1ST ISSUE sets for only $130... not much profit , after purchase shipping grading fees return shipping , etc etc

4. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

so , if you got 5 sets for $314.70 grading fees $345 that's $660 for 5 sets that's $132 for 69s $2 cheaper to buy from dealer .. he stated he got 32 sets PR70 and 18 PR69 SETS OUT OF 50

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Did you read the whole thread?

6. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

My NGC Results posted Today.

I am satisfied with the Dimes, but ONLY ONE PF70 UC Silver $1 :rage::rage::rage::rage:

MOD_Set-NGC_Grades.JPG

7. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

At least there were no 68s or below.

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

8 out of 15 PF70's. That's tough. Sorry man. FWIW I had fast sales listing all the coins individually. A lot of people just wanted the reverse proof dime and a couple people bought all my dollars, not wanting the whole set.

9. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I wonder if its possible to get a grade of 60 on any of the mints products today and if that's rare then is there extra premium for that?

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  10. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

There are people that do the PCGS lowball sets and collect Poor-1 graded coins, so why not proof 60 moderns? Neither strikes me as a wise investment, but go for whatever makes you happy.

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

getting an exact 60 should be very difficult. however the only coins I get are what my friend sends me

12. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

usps_delivery_smiley_animated_v2_zps2ec9ef6a.gif

My 5 sets arrived back from NGC Today !

Here is the only complete 70 set :singing:

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions,

Do I sell of the others individually ?

Or as Kenny Rogers would say "Know When to Hold 'Em" o_O

100_6314.JPG
    100_6316.JPG

Cochisz and green18 like this.
  13. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

So, for your 69's can you see why they graded 69 (i.e. what issues do they have)?

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Sold another reverse proof dime PF69 for $75.95 this morning. That's a net of $66.35 bring my total net profit to $382.66 with 2 PF69 coins left!

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

there is a lesson for all of us. if we want to make money we should get into flipping

16. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

This has been a really informative thread by-golly... I can't believe I didn't see it sooner, but congrats on the flips @C-B-D ! I'd say you did really well and the saga was fun to read :)
    I took the easy route on these and just resold them in the sealed box. I missed out on a lot of the fun of grading and hoping for 70's, but also the stress of getting stuck with a bunch of 69's. Here's my breakdown:

Sold them sealed for $550.00 (as a BIN within 5 minutes of listing)!

Bought them for....... $314.70
    PayPal fee................$ 16.25
    Postage...................$ 15.00
    Ebay fee..................$ 33.00

Net profit................$171.05

Hmm, I think you did better and had more fun along the way.....but this way worked OK and I get a free MS-65 Morgan for almost no trouble :p

C-B-D, spock1k, Dancing Fire and 2 others like this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Your profit definitely came faster and your method was certainly more efficient. Congratulations! I sold one more PF69 for $80 last night, so I only have one coin left. My total profit so far us $454.66 and the last coin left is a poor unheralded (non-reverse) proof dime in PF69. But I may reach that $500 profit mark yet!

18. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

I called the mint looking for a ship date on my March of dimes sets. They told me Aug 20th. I am stunned,I even asked her to repeat the date as I could not believe what she said. Guess I will get spanked by the mint again,I never learn. Guess I will go through MCM and cancel my mint order.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sorry Mr. Chircahua guy.........

20. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Glad to see some of you guys making a few bucks on these sets... I'm still waiting for my PCGS grading results... hopefully I'll have them this week!

C-B-D likes this.
  21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yeah PCGS is a little slow on all tiers lately. Even express has been taking a couple days longer for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted