My March of Dimes sets arrived! Aren't they beautiful?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, May 6, 2015.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Well, since I'm not Bill Gates, I'll concentrate on coins that are obtainable for me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

How about that:
    2014 Civil Rights Dollar
    2013 Girl Scouts Dollar
    2011 MoH Dollar (ms)
    2010 American Veterans Dollar (ms)
    2009 Louis Braille Dollar (ms)
    2007 Little Rock Dollar (pf)

I could go on and on and on about these losers.
    Statequarterguy, where is the significant gain in these?

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

As I said do your own research. What is pointless is making posts without understanding what is being written

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

It seems the idiot filter isn't working so we have a couple of morons who have come in here and the only thing they know how to do is shout troll troll.

They seem to have more invested in this thread then the guy who sold his coins. Instead we should use the redesigned ignore button.

Dogs bark elephants pass :D

eddiespin likes this.
  6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

To expect fairness one has to be logical

eddiespin and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  7. statequarterguy

Poor reader, huh? Read the post you quoted again.

8. stewart dandis

Prove it by posting some completed sales from Ebay. I've already looked.

I'll be waiting.

spock1k likes this.
  9. statequarterguy

I'm not sure what you're talking about since you misquoted my post. If you want to spend hours trying to disprove what I said, be my guest. Anyone who knows what's going on with modern coins, knows the coins I mentioned are up in value.

10. stewart dandis

Poor reader, huh?

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

What surprises me is that these highly intelligent people attack us without an iota of fact. If you can't separate topics from people then how can you have a discussion. Everyone has the right to an opinion but the moment we give ours they start calling us names in the hopes that we will shut up.

All that gives us is a circus. :D

eddiespin likes this.
  12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The thing is, these are novelty items, but because the Mint makes them, they're coins, too. Just think if a private engraver made them, what collector would think they're important for their coin collections?

I'm not saying they're not collectible. But let's grab ourselves some sense. If it's not intended to circulate and support commerce, it's a novelty item. Go ahead, collect it. Pay moon money for it, while you're at it, until the hysteria abates, anyway. Just don't sit there and tell me it's the coin of the century for my coin collection, because ain't buyin' it.

This is where I'm going to be reminded of proof coins. Well, do you know what? Proof coins are knock-offs of coins that are intended to circulate and support commerce. They're a special niche, I'll give them that. Special care and pampering was taken when they were minted. But, again, tell me they're important for my coin collection, tell me my coin collection isn't complete without them? Not hearing you.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    spock1k likes this.
  13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I can get these anytime I want, and for less than issue-price at the Mint. I just don't want them, at any price. But it's like I got my 60" TV. It fell off a train. That's what my dealer, Guido, told me. I'm telling you, you guys want some great deals on furs, jewelry, appliances and electronics, too, find him during his normal business hours at Agostino's, Elmwood Park, Harlem at Grand, back table, most nights.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    spock1k likes this.
  14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Um. What? Are you calling me shady?

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

How did you get that?

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Guess I read your comment wrong.

17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Need any more of these sets, let me know. Lol! :)

spock1k likes this.
  18. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I've considered it, but all along I just planned on doing the 5 set limit and posting my results for all to see. It's been less than 24 hours since I listed them and I've sold all the PR70's and 1 PR69. I only have 3 PR69's left. Those may be a tough sell. Time will tell.

19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Give the registry sets time to be built around them. Right now, there's just speculation driving the demand. They catch in the registry sets, that, in itself, will factor into the demand.

20. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

GRADING COSTS--WHAT BS.

21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I won't disagree, but clearly they paid off.

Draft saved Draft deleted