My latest Daniel Carr fantasy issue.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, Oct 26, 2016.

1. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I own a couple Dan Carr fantasy pieces and some of his other work. I do wish he would put a small DC on the reverse, but in reality, it hasn't stopped me from purchasing his work.

C-B-D likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Nah, those were Civil Defense drills in which somebody neglected to give the last "all clear" siren.

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

We see about one new member a week here with a "No S Proof" coin who doesn't know coins are minted in Philadelphia. You could replace E PLURIBUS UNUM with THIS COIN IS NOT REAL" in block letters and people would still buy it. Yet, you (the royal "you," not just you personally, C-B-D) persist in this self-serving attack on Dan Carr's work while Ebay is rife with real counterfeits, proving this isn't motivated by concern for the hobby but by hate for the work of one person who has done no documented damage.

You want to do some real good for the hobby? Join me in an organization whose goal is to rid Ebay of counterfeits. If we can speak with a large enough voice, the provisions of HPA are already strong enough to force Ebay to react. The only reason it isn't happening is because too many people are arguing about Dan Carr (and other equally-stupid timewasters) and too few contacting FTC.

I'm dead serious about this, not just arguing. I already own a relevant domain name for the effort. You want to strike a real blow for the hobby? Then quit posting and act.

5. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

Still waiting to receive mine... Ordered back on October 11th and haven't heard anything. I can't wait to have it in hand!!

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Slacktivism. Not you, Dave. The DC detractors. If they had any cajones, they'd be asking the Denver U.S. Attorney to prosecute, or even do it privately, as I have in an unrelated subject. But no, they'd rather spew venom disguised as legal scholarship on a discussion board. :rolleyes:

My view is, "Prosecute him or shut up."

7. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

I see what you are saying but it seems to me virtually impossible that someone would think this a real 1964 Morgan. I am in no way a Morgan expert and can clearly see that it is not a genuine coin even without looking at the date.

So I will say that I do not believe that signing this would lower the chances of fraud if you put say a D.C. Mintmark on it. If someone is so ill informed that they can not see the date is for a coin that does not exist...and that the token is not a Morgan looking with a loupe...then I doubt the mm would help. The date is far bigger and more obvious than a mint mark.

Paul M. likes this.
  8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I will join you, thanks! But my opinion and stance on DC'S work is not a "self serving attack." It is my request of Dan, my belief, and my opinion. I report fakes on CT and to eBay routinely, so I'm not singling Dan out. Besides, I don't assimilate Dan amongst those peddling counterfeit coins. Not in the slightest! I just want him to take that little extra step and sign his work.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Paul M. likes this.
  9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm glad you see what I'm saying, even if you don't think it'll make a difference. But at least you get it. Thanks!

10. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

Maybe he can incorporate a trigger warning lol.

hotwheelsearl and C-B-D like this.
  11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

YES! HAHAHA!

Andy Herkimer likes this.
  12. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

If all his detractors had your sense of humor and willingness to actually communicate, this would all be less of an issue. This is why I don't wish for you to feel singled out by my remarks.

Paul M. and C-B-D like this.
  13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Sign me up, Dave! Time to do something productive.

Paul M. and Andy Herkimer like this.
  14. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I don't know the first thing about ID'ing counterfeit coins, but I sure as heck hate the Chinese (and others, of course), for preying on the unsuspecting.

Andy Herkimer likes this.
  15. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I don't think that he ( D.C. ) should put the words "ONE DOLLAR" on the piece. He could spell out his entire name, spell out "FANTASY" , leave it blank, or whatever, just should. NOT place the words ONE DOLLAR on it if it is not a dollar. I would rather buy a real coin than a fantasy restrike myself, but if somebody wants one, fine, get one, or more, after all the hype surrounding this I may try to get a couple for investment purposes....... Please, just don't continue to argue about the legality of them here anymore.

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

To all my friends here on both sides of the issue, it is really time to give this a rest.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Rassi, dwhiz, Evan8 and 3 others like this.
  17. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If someone is determined to see what they want to, there isn't anything that is going to save them from themselves, but is beside the point.

You like to compare yourself and what you do to Warhol, so may I ask if he (Warhol) signed his pieces/work? I do believe he did in one way or another, be it actually signing, printing his name, or simply stamping it, so if the oft-given comparison is valid, why do you refuse to do the same? Warhol's "art" didn't suffer from signing his work, and from all outward appearances neither would yours.

18. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I do owe you an apology, and it wasn't my intention to side track your thread. The question about the other thread being locked was meant to be innocent and to answer a question concerning the locked thread that I PMed to Peter (who hasn't logged in since). When attacked, I responded in kind and didn't anticipate it destroying your thread. I should have started a new thread. I am sorry.

19. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

1964D.obv.1.2k.JPG 1964D.rev.1.2k.JPG I received mine yesterday.

JPeace$, OxJaw, talkcoin and 6 others like this.
  20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

21. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the doubled profile. I'm liking it a lot..:)

Draft saved Draft deleted