My latest Daniel Carr fantasy issue.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Moderators, please lock this thread. I wanted to discuss the tokes produced for their own merit, but it has gotten out of hand. I wish people could separate the hobby from their own opinions of the legalistic merits. I like Dan Carr's work, as was said previously. Once again, I stated that if one doesn't like it--DON'T buy it. However, this thread has become another train wreck. :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I would have hoped that had the Mint actually produced a 1964 Morgan, it would have had better detail than this. But then again, 2016's centennial gold coins prove 'tain't necessarily the case.

4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think the Mint will ever top the OG Morgans in terms of quality. It's crazy that they could do so well 200 years ago and now its all bleh

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shoot, the wife used to experience that......only they were elementary school kids. If there's college kids hiding under the table then God save us........

C-B-D likes this.
  6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Some people just need a reason to complain though my friend

Bigpoppa likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

[aside]

The negative banter sucks.......all of this has prompted me to buy one of Carr's examples. You who detract? Keep getting the message out there You only magnify what you attempt to destroy, and in doing so, make Mr. Carr more popular among collectors.

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed you bought one green. It's all my fault. I quit. :stop::joyful:

Seriously, I've been saying all along... if you like em, great! Buy em! But I've been asking DC to sign his overstrikes to protect the hobby and the idiots out there. I could care less about the legal bull. That's it. That's all I'll say, tho I may have to say it again. ;)

9. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

I do see your point about signing them. My reservations is that if they were signed it would ruin the beauty of the design. You could put a micro stamp on them like the silver maples, but I don't believe that would be enough to satisfy the detractors?

10. hotwheelsearl

He has a few where he puts a "DC" in the mintmark location, but this wouldn't work for these specific fantasy issues.

I honestly don't see a way for him to effectively sign without disappointing collectors. Unless he did some sort of edge stamp...

11. talkcoin

talkcoin Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween Guys!

8A5FABA9-3007-4323-A68C-B6439F58FC24.jpg

12. hotwheelsearl

I don't have much in the way of decorations and I'm too old to trick or treat so...
    halloween.JPG

dwhiz, Andy Herkimer and talkcoin like this.
  13. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

If someone is already an "idiot", how is a "DC" on the coin going to save them from themselves ?

14. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

I received mine today, nice work and I am happy with it. Although I wouldn't pass it as a "real" Morgan with a 5x loupe. Will be looking out for the proof version too.

Paul M. likes this.
  15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Dan, anyone and everyone who saw your initials on a coin would notice the difference between that and a coin without it - thereby lowering the chances that a fraud would take place.

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I wouldn't bet on that

Bigpoppa and Chiefbullsit like this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Do you deny that signing his work would lower the chances of a fraud to take place? That makes zero sense. Any added road block to a potential fraud is a GOOD thing.

18. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  20. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Why don't we get back to, and stay on topic ? The fantasy restrike......

dwhiz and Morgandude11 like this.
  21. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

It's truly a shame that you can't share your latest acquisition without it turning into a flame war EVERY SINGLE TIME :(

The constant flaming completely turned me off from the entire forum and I moved on . I happened to check last week the opinions on the new Morgan release and saw the same thing that I've seen here the past few years :(

Morgan, Please try to enjoy your new purchase and don't stop sharing it with the forum.

Signing off, DC fan & collector :)

Draft saved Draft deleted