My latest Daniel Carr fantasy issue.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

or a trip to the wood shed.
    • June 6, 1944 young men as young as 15 were storming the beaches in Normandy France, they weren't looking for a safe place.
    • I wonder how many would today

green18 and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I feel really bad for millennials when they first see the inside of a domestic relations courtroom. The aggressions there are not micro, the trigger warning gets served by a process server, and there are NO safe spaces anywhere - in space or in time.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

@Coinchemistry 2012 Where did you get your law degree? Was it wrapped around a piece of bubble gum? Your legal analysis of DC's work is way off base. No precedent with the same relevant fact set has ever occurred. The closest one is Monaco's tribute Brashers. Neither has ever been prosecuted. There is a U.S. Attorney's office quite near Mr. Carr's location in Colorado, and they have full prosecutorial power and a full-sized staff there. U.S. Attorney's offices are NOT shy about prosecuting coinage related cases, not in the least. Yet they have for many years now left Mr. Carr unmolested. That speaks volumes to me, and should to you as well. But yet you insist on preferring armchair quasi-lawyering. Why?

Bigpoppa and Andy Herkimer like this.
  5. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

@V. Kurt Bellman - No, and my comments are not "armchair quasi-lawyering" or whatever that means.

You are full of yourself. Being an administrative assistant or policy analyst for a state legislature is not the same as legal experience. When you actually have the latter, maybe I will care what you think. In the mean time, you go on ignore.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

Funny, I've actually WRITTEN law. Not an overwhelming amount, just some. Made it into statute, it did. And it was CRIMINAL law, too. Title 18. I'm 13-1 litigating cases before courts, when I can achieve legal standing. I also have submitted legal briefs (amicus curiae) to my state Supreme Court.

Why don't you and your ideological "brethren" just admit you have a personal axe to grind with Mr. Carr and be men about it? Don't try disguising it (although it IS Halloween) with faulty quasi-legal "reasoning" (as if...). You hate the guy, probably for some commercial reason. Maybe you're a part owner of an illegal-to-own coin he spoofed or something, I dunno. You tell US where all this animus comes from.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Bigpoppa and Andy Herkimer like this.
  7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

WHO CAN THROW THEIR WEIGHT AROUND MORE? Royal Rumble of knowledge on CT!

Paul M. likes this.
  8. OxJaw

OxJaw Senior Member

Can't imagine why the last thread was closed.... Don't imagine this one will make it much longer either.

Coinchemistry 2012, Paul M. and C-B-D like this.
  9. V. Kurt Bellman

If you care to, please come to Fort Washington, PA next month (oops, December - in twelve hours December will be 'next month') for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute "continuing legal education" seminar at which I will be speaking. I'm not sure what the fee is, but there is one.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  10. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

Trigger warning!

Paul M. and C-B-D like this.
  11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

12. Andy Herkimer

dwhiz, Tater and Paul M. like this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Andy Herkimer likes this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Fetal position? I'm not going to be satisfied without a fetal position. :eek::D Thumb-sucking is totally optional. :happy:

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Crying Peter Parker 31102016093200.jpg

Ok, ok I'm done. I swear.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Wanna bet? Maybe for this thread, but there's another one coming, someday. I can hear the hoofbeats as I put ear to ground.

C-B-D likes this.
  18. Andy Herkimer

It's gem, rather rushed photos as I only received it this morning. Have to get it under the stereoscope later, the luster is more typical of a Morgan than I expected by viewing other pictures. It's my first Carr token, I generally don't go for tokens or medals but I do have some NORFED Liberty ones which I like.

19. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

20. V. Kurt Bellman

And a competitive exhibit of alternative and controversial currency items begins ...

21. Andy Herkimer

IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1407.JPG
    I took a closer look at it under the stereoscope, the breast feathers are almost smooth. The lettering is correct but in no way could I mistake it as genuine as it seems shallow and smooths to the coins surface rather than an abrupt end. It lacks the sharpness of a real Morgan, I can see no evidence of the underlying host coin except perhaps this curious detail in the denticles on the reverse.

Also the surface luster and strike does not look so satin/matte as it seems in pictures, much more Morgan like.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted