My latest box = 50 rolls of 2016D Lincolns

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by tomfiggy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I get a box per week from the bank. It's usually mixed Loomis rolls. A couple of times I've got boxes of 2015D's. I dump them back into the coinstar without looking at them.
    Here is my first full box of 2016D's. I don't know if I want to torture myself and look through them. There haven't been any Denver shield cent errors yet....

old49er likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Yeah - searching the same looking coins for hours at a time without finding anything would make you just want to dump them. But then the "OK one more roll" kicks in.

4. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Now that's dedication...would be fun a time or 2 though...GoodLuck

5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Keep maybe a few BU rolls and dump the rest back? Or sell it to bidiots on Fleabay and try to make a profit? Or torture yourself searching through them all with the possibility of having a discovery piece? Who knows what you can do with the box?

NOS, Paul M. and tomfiggy like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than search a solid box of shield cents.

tomfiggy, eric6794 and Markus1959 like this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Nothing major reported so far but LOTS of Philly die cracks at the top left of the shield, at "One" and the right side of the banner. Nothing on the D's so far.

8. cooper

cooper Active Member

Maybe I missed something, but why get them if your not going to search them?

9. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

I think he was hoping for different dates, not just a solid box of 2016D's

cooper likes this.
  10. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I shout for joy when I get a new 2016 in change.

IMHO your system appears to be flawed buying coins from the bank and than turning them into coin star. I'm not sure what they charge, but why not return to another bank for 0.00 ?

Dave

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

A box on ebay is going for $40.00 + shipping, why not make a few dollars on them?

12. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Oh hell, why get married if you know you ain't gonna be happy the rest of your life??

Bambam8778 and tommyc03 like this.
  13. cooper

cooper Active Member

And that has to do with what?

14. tomfiggy

I
    I know... hahaha
    The Denver mint must be run like a tight ship. I know it will be a waste of time. However there is always the outside chance... I am going to look at one or two rolls a week from that box.

15. tomfiggy

Do banks want them back? I know my bank doesn't. I only lose $2.70 from coinstar.

16. tomfiggy

A box of 2016 Denver mint or Philly? I'd be excited if it was Philly box.

tommyc03 likes this.
  17. tomfiggy

Cool I just checked and you are right! I'll put them up for $40.00....
    I always hope for mixed rolls.

tommyc03 likes this.
  18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I am always hoping for a solid box of Philly's but no luck so far. But I just recently completed putting together 90 doubled die Memorials from 1998-2005. ( Left and right pillars in statue bay) No time to attribute so I put up on ebay. Helps put food on the table and buy my puppy nice treats. We are both happy with this arrangement. ;););)

CoinZone and Markus1959 like this.
  19. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

I just got my 6th box of 2016-P cents from my pick up bank (out of the last 7 boxes I've picked up). Wish I had the patience for dealing with eBay - Turning $25 into $40 is a pretty good trick. :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  20. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

So I'm new to the penny roll hunting everyone. I got two boxes of pennies. One is a box of hand rolled pennies and the other was sealed and has Loomis on every roll. They all have shiny shields on the back and 2016 on the front with no mint mark. Is it safe to say that they are all brand new rolls of pennies and that every cent in the roll will be brand new?

21. tomfiggy

I decided to search them but only when I run out of mixed rolls. I can do about 2 rolls before getting tired. Since I'm looking for that little extra thickness on liberty, some distortion on the date, or some thickness on the designers initials on the reverse it takes a little time to look closely at every one.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted