my know indian head penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by khalil elara, Oct 18, 2017.

1. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

i bought this cen which to me it look great i paid 30.00 dollars for it i want to see if i did good as a first grader is`t worth the money i spend on it or not can any one tell me if it is in xf or more or less her the scan 1860-p indian head.jpg 1860-p indian head.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

not XF, and damaged.

Check the forehead, the ear & the E in LIBERTY

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You're in 1st grade? Where did you get $30.00 from?

5. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

I'd be lucky to get a dime in first grade.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I like that you are collecting coins so early, but please take some time to learn about the hobby a little more before you purchase any coins. The Indian head cent that you posted is worth about $10-12. I only say this because I don't want you to be discouraged or pushed away from coin collecting if you get too many bad deals. It's just as fun to assemble sets of coins that you can find in your pocket change and it will help you recognize what uncleaned and non-damaged coins should look like. Many years ago, my grandfather taught me to grade every coin that I get in my change. Thirty five years later, I still grade all of my pocket change and have become a good grader (at least I think so). Have fun with the hobby, there's plenty of time before you need to worry about the value.

7. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Wow that's a great idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted