My Kennedy collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dearborn, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I took photos of Obv and Rev. and then combined them. The I formatted them into a set collection.

Here is one of my pages. I have many of them posted.
    Morgan Set Page 1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

Very nice. That is something I would like to do at some point. What program did you use to combine your photos? How do you notate what is each file? and for these do you make note of VAM (if any)?

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Gorgeous set. Must have took a good amount of time, desire, and tenacity to complete, congratulations, well done. Thanks for sharing your achievement, what's next?

Inspector43 and Dearborn like this.
  5. Dearborn

Thanks! This set took me about 3 or 4 months to assemble, I will have to go back and look up the dates to be sure.

The next sets ready to showcase are my Roosevelt Dimes and Lincoln Cents. (My Jefferson Nickels And Washington Quarters are complete), but I need to re-arrange the coins a bit first then label the album pages.

Mr.Q and Inspector43 like this.
  6. Thanks for sharing this incredible set! I'm only 8 months into my numismatics hobby, and a Kennedy lover. So your set give me incentive to forge ahead to complete my own set! :happy:

Inspector43 and Dearborn like this.
  7. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I don't keep my sets in a Dansco Book because of all my "perceived" damage putting them in and then taking them out. I decided to put them in a 2 x 2 and keep a log on Microsoft Excel that shows all of the different varieties available and the ones that I have. I have started out trying to collect all varieties the silver coins. The only one that I have complete is the FDR Dimes. I had a good start on many silver coins from my father's collection. I'm trying to find a venue of taking pictures of my coins, but first I have to find a camera that I can afford. My current camera is a Canon 35MM AE101 that needs film which I have to find a source and then find someone to develop the pictures. I'm a low tech kind of guy.

Dearborn likes this.
  8. Inspector43

I note on the description of each photo. See the screen shot. I use Photo Scape X a free download editor. I can crop from the edit screen and then combine from the combine screen. Very simple once you do a few. It is a free download and a lot of members here use it.
    upload_2021-9-4_13-22-36.png

AZSteve and Dearborn like this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

10. Inspector43

11. Dearborn

Very nice and thanks. I may have to look into that app.

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

They saw it coming and had him sign abounc of slabs before he went to Texas.

Collecting Nut and Dearborn like this.
  13. Dearborn

If they saw that happening, why didn't they see what was going to happen in Texas and send him to Arizona instead?

Collecting Nut likes this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They wanted his signature on a slab 58 years later.

15. Dearborn

Right!
    Well I guess if he had gone to AZ instead, we probably wouldn't have Kennedy Halves or would we?

16. Collecting Nut

Nope

17. Dearborn

I forgot my two other halves. 1964 Accent hair, and 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof.
    1964 JFK Accent Hair  Silver Proof PCGS PR65.jpg 1964 JFK Accent Hair Silver Proof PCGS PR651.jpg 2019-S JFK Clad Enh Rev Proof PCGS PR70 First Strike.jpg 2019-S JFK Clad Enh Rev Proof PCGS PR70 First Strike1.jpg

Attached Files:

capthank and Collecting Nut like this.
  18. Collecting Nut

19. Dearborn

and... 2017-S Enhanced Uncirculated and 2018-S Reverse Proof
    2017-S JFK Clad Enhanced Uncirc.jpg 2017-S JFK Clad Enhanced Uncirc1.jpg 2018-S JFK Silver Reverse Proof.jpg 2018-S JFK Silver Reverse Proof1.jpg

Cheech9712 and capthank like this.
  20. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Wow. That’s a lot of work then to get such a nice set.

Draft saved Draft deleted