My Kennedy collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dearborn, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

I recently completed my Kennedy set. I placed them in the Dansco Albums (with proofs).
    Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 1.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 2.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 3.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 4.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 5.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 6.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 7.jpg Dansco 8166 Kennedy Album Page 8.jpg Dansco 8167 Kennedy Album Page 1.jpg Dansco 8167 Kennedy Album Page 2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dearborn

and last but not least: 2021-S JFK NGC PF 69 Silver Proof.jpg 2021-S JFK NGC PF 69 Silver Proof1.jpg

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

sel w, MIGuy and Dearborn like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Holy Kennedy's !! That's a Nice Lot !! Thanks for sharing .:happy:

6. Dearborn

7. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

Nice set

Dearborn and Inspector43 like this.
  8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Nice set. I have a complete set but the proof coins are still in the original US Mint packages. Did you remove yours from the mint package or get them separate? Either way, I like the Kennedys and it is a great set.

capthank and Dearborn like this.
  9. Dearborn

Nope, I did not break open my mint sets (I have all the complete OGP sets [uncirc, mint, silver mint] as well), for my Dansco album, I bought all the coins separately to fill the holes.

Thanks for the comments

Cheech9712, Mr.Q, Spark1951 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dearborn

I also have the 1964 accented hair, 2017 enhanced uncirculated and the 2018 reverse proof as well. I need to buy a blank page for the album so I can display the varieties too.

capthank and Inspector43 like this.
  11. Inspector43

Do you have the 1998 S Silver Matte Finish?

Cheech9712 and sel w like this.
  12. Inspector43

@Dearborn Were a lot of your Kennedys pulled from circulation? Most of mine were. That has been my typical approach to collecting.

Cheech9712, sel w and Dearborn like this.
  13. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

Great set! Especially the silver proofs. Do you have the protective covers for each album?

sel w, Dearborn and Inspector43 like this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I didn’t collect the proofs or special issues but I have all the circulation coins. You have a very nice set!

Can you explain one thing for me please? John F. Kennedy was shot and died in 1963 so how did NGC get his signature on a 2021 Half Dollar? Lol

Dearborn and Inspector43 like this.
  15. Inspector43

Suggestion for taking photos of album pages:
    If you remove the plastic protectors from the pages you get a better photo representation of the coins. I do that and then replace them and go to the next page.

CoinCorgi and Dearborn like this.
  16. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Indeed a super-nice set. Have never been able to put proofs in an album or otherwise separate from proof sets...not even Unc from mint sets...but if ever so, the Dansco like yours with the "rear-view windows" and hole covers (if yours has that) would be my choice...! Could never do it with closed holes/backs. And you did such a great job orienting the coins so straight and professional-like...not cocked in hap-hazard fashion. Only thing you need to remember...if more when selling or for other review...is to orient photos posted of slabbed coins with the reverse side UP...not upside-down. Thanks for sharing.

Dearborn likes this.
  17. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Now you need to get the gold 50 year commemorative edition coin.

Dearborn likes this.
  18. Dearborn

Some were, not all, the ones I obtained from circulation came from at about the time they were released. The others I bought because I wanted high grade coins for the album.
    The slipcases Dansco made to the albums? Yes I do. :happy: I live in the SW Desert (Phoenix, AZ) and it is VERY dusty here.

capthank likes this.
  19. Dearborn

I considered that, but every time I slide out the plastic, I risk putting pressure on the coins and scratching them and the plastic, so because of that, I decided no to remove them for the photos. may-hep I should consider doing it one last time to get the perfect image. I did, however get a high-def image (obverse and reverse) of every coin prior to placing them into the album. So I'm covered in that respect.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  20. Dearborn

Indeed! that would be just incredibly awesome!

21. Dearborn

Take note, I interjected my comments into your post/quote but highlighted them to separate them from your comments.

Cheech9712 and capthank like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted