My Icelandic Kingdom Collection grows.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Kasia, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I just did a survey of my Icelandic Kingdom collection. All but one are raw. None are proofs or proof-like.

I have:
    1 Eyrir (KM# 5.1) - 1938; 1939 large 3
    2 Aurar (KM# 6.1) - 1931; 1938 (a non-specified 8 variety of which many may exist) and (KM# 6.2) - 1942 (have two)
    5 Aurar (KM# 7.1) - 1926 (have two); 1931 and (KM# 7.2) - 1940; 1942
    10 Aurar (KM# 1.1) - 1922; 1923; 1929 (have two); 1933; 1939/6 and (KM# 1.2 - 1940 (have two)
    25 Aurar (KM# 2.1) - 1922; 1937 far 7
    1 Krona (KM# 3.1) - 1925; 1929
    2 Kronur (KM# 4.1) - 1925 and (KM# 4.2) - 1940

This is the one I just purchased today on the bay (sellers pics). You can see the variation (pretty much filled 8):

Iceland 1938 1.jpg Iceland 1938 2.jpg

I have not been looking in the past couple years because, as you can see, I have quite a few and I have bought some at shows without consulting my list, so a few duplicates. To stop me picking up duplicates, I decided not to buy any until I could update what I have.

So now, the collection continues. I want to have one of each. I have to also look at the ones I have because I may want to upgrade a few if I think my collection would look better because of it.

Going to a show this weekend and will be looking to see what I can find.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

My personal favorite is the medallic 10 kronur. A bit pricey ($150+), but gorgeous to behold.

4. Kasia

^^ That is very impressive and should I ever get the opportunity to find one available for a low enough price (could perhaps happen) then yes.

Tom Babinszki likes this.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

You mean like this? It is one of my favorite coins.

Ice193003.jpg
    Ice193004.jpg

1934 Wreath Crown and Kasia like this.
  6. Tom Babinszki

Tom Babinszki Member

My understanding is that it is quite difficult to get excellent condition coins from that era. I'm trying to complete an Iceland collection, but the quality is definitely lower for most coins.

7. Kasia

Yes, at shows I see some that are really not good looking. I've passed a number by because of issues with them. A collection of this particular era and country (for regular coinage) is not fully difficult, but it does take some looking to find the ones you want in a collection. I tend to look at the few shows I go to in the world coins. The one I just purchased on line is either the only or nearly only one I've done there for this set.

Tom Babinszki likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted