My first USPS insurance claim for lost coin as the seller

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Apr 8, 2014.

1. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

Pretty sure the US Postmaster General couldn't care less, -that is, if there even is one right now, I believe it's a patronage position and there are so many that are open right now (do we have a director of the mint yet??) and even if there is one he isn't going to care about your $765 unless it was maybe a cash political campaign contribution to his boss.

BUT, since you have been told there was malfeasance on the part of a postal employee, the folks you need to get involved are at the US Postal Inspector's Office. They're a pretty ruthless bunch that operate much as internal affairs does in the police department of a major city. On cases they chose to prosecute, they have a conviction rate of something on the order of 98%.

Sometimes just getting them involved will be enough to expedite settlement of the problem, though in any case you will have to wait at least 30 days.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This is an old thread of mine. The issue was resolved and I was refunded my $765 plus original shipping expense. It took 4 months or so, but I proved my case.

Endeavor and princeofwaldo like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Good for you!

Chris

5. flintcreek6412

flintcreek6412 Active Member

So I'm not the only coin collector in Lafayette.....what are the odds.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well considering there is a coin club in Lafayette, and they host an annual coin show (coming up in February) I don't think the odds of there being a few more collectors there to be pretty good.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Great news!

Congrats

Draft saved Draft deleted