My First so called "Major" Purchase

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by cman, Jul 16, 2010.

1. cman

cman Junior Member

Im new to bill collecting so i figured that i would start somewhere easy.

My first is a AU 1935 1 dollar Silver certificate
    Front http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/cman61085/Bills/19351dollarscerto.png
    Back http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/cman61085/Bills/19351dollarscertr.png

AND
    1899 1 dollar Silver Certificate
    Front http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/cman61085/Bills/18991DollarssilverCert2.jpg
    Back http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/cman61085/Bills/18991DollarsilverCertr2.jpg

Im just wondering if they were good buys and what you would buy them for.
    Thanks, Chuck

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Nice notes! The black eagle is one of my favorites!

I'm not familiar with the values of them but they look to be in nice condition.

4. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Try placing a piece of black paper (tape it to the top lid) on your scanner. You will get better defined margins and we will be able to see the note better.

Congrats on the pick up's.. My one and only suggestion for you is to always research before you buy..and buy the very best you can afford.

Nice notes...

RickieB

5. cman

cman Junior Member

Thank you RickieB. Next time i scan i will try that. And I would also like to thank you for getting me into notes in general. I was always just a coin guy untill i saw all of the pictures of your notes. U got me hooked and for that i thank you

6. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

You say that now, but you'll be cursing him before long lol! This forum is what got me intitially interested as well, and I thought I'd just buy a few notes and that would be it. You're doomed now, Chuck. But at least you have company.
    Guy~

7. cman

cman Junior Member

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah i guess i am. But hey like you said i do have company and what better way is there 2 collect than to have people to do it with?

8. connor1

connor1 Collector

That Black Eagle is a nice start,now that you started collecting banknote (or obsoletes ,MPC's or fractionals) you'll be hooked like the rest of us,welcome aboard and congrats on your new notes Chuck.

9. cman

cman Junior Member

Thank you connor1. Im glad to have started with notes. I enjoy the look of notes. Much more complex than coins

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very nice! congrats on your pick ups :)

11. djaeon

djaeon Member

I like the black eagles a lot. Those and the educational notes. Someday I'll actually buy some!

12. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Very nice notes. Good luck.

13. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Nice notes and I'm glad to have you here with us.
    Please post any questions you might have so we can help.

14. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Thanks for the compliment CMan..I would like to think that many others here helped you as well..there are a great bunch of guy's here!
    Sort of like a Brotherhood, if you do not mind that expression. Hat's off to you all guy's.

RickieB

15. cman

cman Junior Member

I would like to think of this place as a brotherhood to. God only knows how much help i have gotten from this website and all of the great people on it. I would not be close to the collector that i am now without the help from everybody here. Thanks everybody.
    -Chuck

16. connor1

connor1 Collector

RickieB,I agree about this forum being like a Brotherhood,sharing knowelege plus all the advice by all who take the time,patience & tips.
    Plus a big hand for Peter T. Davis "The Man behind the Curtain" who makes this the best forum I have ever joined & the generous contributors who support this forum .

17. Dave L

Dave L Junior Member

Those are a couple of nice notes there, cman! It took me a long time to get my Black Eagle, but I love it! It's a great note. Have you thought about getting the 1935G note that has the motto on the reverse? It makes an interesting pair.

As for "The Banknote Brotherhood" I like it!

Sounds somewhat like an international secret society though. Secret handshakes and cryptic messages all leading to our vast accumulation of collectible banknotes.

I suppose there would be an 'investigative reporter' out there to print a bogus story of the vast hoards secreted away in individual collections which we use collectively to assert our monetary power over the worlds leaders for our own desires. :cheers:

Hey - Count me in! :smile

But seriously, it really is a rather nice bunch of fellows (and the occasional gal) I've met while collecting. The willingness to help others to learn and grow in their individual collecting process is what helps to make it a lot more fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted