my first radar

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jon67, Oct 14, 2009.

1. jon67

jon67 Loves Lincoln's

this is the first radar i have found in circulation.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. James1

James1 Junior Member

thats cool wish i could find one

4. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Nice find! I like it!

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

thats cool - i always love finding radars. dont have many myself, but they are fun to find!

congrats on your first!!!

6. Kent

Kent Junior Member

I never even heard of them until a couple of weeks ago, but I now I check all my notes. That is too cool way to go.

7. Art

Art Numismatist?

That's a good find and a nice way to start a RADAR note collection. Enjoy it.

8. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

Very nice! Congratulations!

I have a single radar in my $1 FRN collection - F10122101C
    It's a Series 2003 from Atlanta.

9. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Mine is: F03733730J

10. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i have 4 notes here :D. My favorite is a note with serial A 47000074 B.

11. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

Dajjarjon, I am so jealous of your 2 & 3 digit serial number notes!
    They make my 5 digit * look like wrinkled spending money.

12. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

Nice note and congrats on the find! personally I am making myself cross-eyed reading all the serial #s and have only found one so far. Without doing the math myself - (hate it, won't do it unless I have to) does anyone know how many radars are in each series? I cannot even imagine all the possible combos but if anyone has the info I would be interested to know the #'s.

13. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

each series? no... that i wills ave for one of those days you want to do math :)

but an easy answer is 1 in every 10,000 notes is a radar. Search for the term radar and look at posts by a member named Numbers - he did 1 heck of a post explaining radars and their frequency! it is well worth a read.

as an easy answer to your question on how many in a series... just add up the totals and divide by 10,000 :) that should give you a nice approximate number of radars. It might well surprise you just how many radar notes there are floating around (hint: banknote magazines routinely sell them for $10)

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

thanks! If i remember right - both notes were obtained off members on this very forum :)

and no worrites about your 5 digit note... i keep most any note with 3 or more leading zeros.... im not sure why as they arent worth anything... i just LOVE seeing all them zero's lol and i rarely encounter a note with more then 3 0's!

Draft saved Draft deleted