My first MPC!!!!!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jterry85, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share my very first Military Payment Certificate! A friend from a stamp collecting site sent it to me as he doesn't collect them and thought I would appreciate it. I know it's not in the best condition but I am happy to have it none the less.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

The colors and vignettes on MPC currency are always something to appreciate. I have a bunch in my collection, with some being beat up as well, but everyone likes them. Congrats on your new addition to the collection!

4. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Thanks! I'm not very up to speed on MPC's so thanks to this one I'm going to do some research. From what I DO understand though (I think) would the current "Pogs" type coinage (the thin cardboard circles) be considered modern MPC's?

5. krispy

krispy krispy

I don't collect much in the way of MPC, just some AMC and the Hawaii and North Africa Emergency notes, but if you need some links or reading material on MPC notes, the PCDA has a very affordable little guidebook on MPC you can mail order, details at the link.

Coin World article About MPC

MPC Bob (kind of a funky site)

There are also a lot of obscure tidbits about military currencies and propaganda on this site, but you have to poke around to find stuff: psywarrior.com

And one more: usmpc.com

6. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Thanks for the helpful links Krispy!

7. petronius

petronius Duke

A good note for your collection, jterry85 ;)

MPC series 641 were issued August 31, 1965, and withdrawn October 21, 1968.

This is the first series used in Vietnam, where it was used exclusively. The $10 certificate of this series was widely counterfeited :rolleyes:

petronius :)

Draft saved Draft deleted