My first MPC

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Vroomer2, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Won this last night. Now to wait for her to come in.

[​IMG]

A pox on all you paper money people who made me buy an MPC!! A POX I SAY!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

They are a slippery slope I tell you. Nice note for the price you paid too.

4. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Congrats and welcome to the world of mpc. I like these especially since they are the only modern era US notes with the vignettes and color reminiscent of large-size notes.

5. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Yeah, see, "you're not helping!!!" ;)

6. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Nice note Vroomer, but it may already be too late. I suggest you put down the mpc and slowly back away. If it doesn't go for you, run like crazy and don't look back. I tell you get out while you can. I hesitated when I got my first obsolete and now there's no hope for me. It's just pitiful I say...I won't buy any more, I swear it...I won't...I won't............I might. :D

Bruce

7. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Technically it's not my 1st MPC. I have a lot of AAFES Pogs from my "trip to paradise" in 2008. But, those are Pogs.

8. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Very Nice. She is a beauty!
    The 1$ denominations are cool.

9. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Ditto.

I have not had an affair, but if I did, I can imagine the guilt and secret pickups might feel little similar. Note collecting is a hard one to banish out of ones life. The pretty images keep peeking their head around the corner, internet, etc.
    ....lustful like whispers....saying....buy me.... just one more this year.....come on.....do it....the family will never find out....
    Yikes! ..... Beware of the power of MPC's...... Beware....the color and history might become to captivating!

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I have a small collection of those sandbox disks myself - I collect the ones that have ladies on them.

11. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Very nice note!!! Congrats

12. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

The only MPC's I have are the ones my dad gave me from his Vietnam days. Paper is addictive in all forms, though. I bought a package of 50 polyester note holders that I thought would last me a few years....it lasted a few months! I hope my wife doesn't find out :cool:

13. sunflower

sunflower New Member

What is a POG? Any pics?

14. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

15. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Milk caps! - that is what they were called when I was a kid. Are you saying that these are now money in todays military?? Milk caps?

16. Dr Kegg

Coleguy, I am in the same boat as you. I bought 150 and only have 40 left. She has no idea.....yet.

17. SNDMN59

SNDMN59 New Member

I had better do more searching in my spare time LOL before I open the antique/collectible booth back up , I was selling them for
    0.50 each in a baseball toploader. No wonder they were selling so fast.
    I had better stop at some of my hotspots going to IL . to stock up if someone else has not already.
    Is there a guide avaiable as far as prices or anything ?
    Sandy
    Gone to IL. lol.

18. Dr Kegg

Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money has a decent section on MPC's

19. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Https://www.aafespogs.com:)

20. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Hey Vroomer... and any one else here on this script of emails.... I have been collecting Pogs since my first trip to Qatar in 2005.. They are more then a Milkcaps ... lol They were aafes brainstorm to lessen the logistical nightmare over across the pond.
    I am trying to put together 3 sets for my daughters.... Might you be able to assist >>>>

Tracy

Ret SFC Ibberson
    U S Army

Attached Files:

21. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Here are a few photos !!!

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted