My first CRH

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by dave_in_delaware, Mar 25, 2017.

1. dave_in_delaware

dave_in_delaware Active Member

I was at one of my bank branches today collecting $2 bills. The teller asked me what else I collect, and I told her pretty much everything. She asked me if I'd like to have $90 in halves. I hadn't planned on "trading" that much of my cash on coins today, but after some thought, I said OK.

Seems like I got a good variety of years. And a vast range of grades. Many are in nice condition, and some are quite worn.

But, only 1 silver (from 1967).

In case anyone was curious, I've included a pdf of just this CRH from my catalog. Disclaimer: When I say "price paid" and "$0.00" in the catalog that just means I traded cash for the coins.

Thanks for looking/reading.

Attached Files:

SilverMike and Bambam8778 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

1 40% in $90 is actually not a bad ratio when you consider that people buy up $500 boxes and hope to find one silver. My last search was a mere $40 worth earlier this week and turned up a 1966 and a 1969-D.

CRH is addictive.

SilverMike likes this.
  4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, CRH is very addictive. Once you got the bug you won't get rid of it.

Coinman1974 and SilverMike like this.
  5. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

That is a great start! Soon you'll be driving by a bank thinking, "Do I have time to stop and see if they have any halves today?"

Coinman1974 and Bman33 like this.
  6. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

Never was there a truer statement, lol

7. Jintoh44

Jintoh44 Member

it's definitely a form of gambling hence its additive, but at least you won't loose the house doing it :)

Coinman1974 likes this.
  8. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I did it with pennies when I still had a job. Here in my part of East Texas you don't see a whole bunch of Philadelphia mint...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

I actually have the phone numbers for the banks in my driving radius of 20 miles. I call them before i hit the road to save time.

dave_in_delaware likes this.
  10. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

When I first researched about coins only 6 months ago, little did I know how quickly it would become a huge routine. it really is fascinating...and addictive.

11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Welcome to CRH dave_in_delaware, nice finds on your first try! :woot:

davidharmier60firefox likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted