My first contest contest!!!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by cman, Oct 3, 2010.

1. cman

cman Junior Member

Well i figured that i have been here long enough and its about time that i hold a contest! There's only one problem... I cant think of a good idea for 1! So... I'm holding a contest to get ideas for a contest!

The Rules
    This will be a "drawing out of a hat" contest
    To be entered you must come up with a creative original idea for a contest
    Entry will be closed in 2 weeks from today (the 17th)
    Be creative and have fun!

Winnings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An uncirculated 100 franc from Burundi. I love the color of these notes. What you see is what you shall get! :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

So lets get our thinking caps on!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

1) post numbered photos of several graded coins, hide the grade on the labels, but list the grades and ask members to match grades to coins. those answering correctly are advanced to another round (if you have more coins to do the same with) or have a drawing to determine a winner.

2) have members guess something about you: nickname, pets name, birth year... first one to get it wins.

4. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

Items Needed:
    -1 6 Shot Hand Gun
    -1 Bullet
    -6 People

I'm pretty sure the instruction for this contest are self explanatory, but in my contest we have 5 winners!!! :D:D

5. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

revolver

Last time we tried this the 2nd guy commented:

"Thank Goodness we didn't try this with a revolver!"

As for a different contest~

How many coconuts can a swallow carry?

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

krispy

enough!
    No more 'guess the grade' threads.

ugh.

I'll guess MS-64 for everyone.

Who cares.

Now about that contest:

Why not do a trivia contest, say on a subject that you enjoy.
    Example:
    I would do one on Guide/Red Books.

You may enjoy paper money from WW 2, say occupation currency, do ask questions about that.

Or ?

7. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Enhancing on Dok's...... Make a contest entirely of Monty Python questions. lol
    "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen African swallow?"

And my idea:
    Do a series of riddles of which the answer(s) are something you enjoy.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Please note:

Due to Frank moving to edit his off-topic posts, withdrawing his comments directed at me and not the contest, I too shall remove my rebuttals.

===

In their place I shall add one more idea for Cman per withdrawn post:

An educational contest is always a good thing and Paper Money is sorely under-represented on this forum. How about finding some notes in completed Heritage Auctions that members need to search for answers on... maybe searching for details about a notes issuance, the engravers, the counterfeiting measures older currency used. Make the questions that require research and accuracy to win the contest.

9. Treashunt

cman,
    sorry about lousing up your thread.

Good luck on the contest.

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Please note:

Due to Frank moving to edit his off-topic posts, withdrawing his comments directed at me and not the contest, I too shall remove my rebuttals.

===

In their place I shall add one more idea for Cman per withdrawn post:

Use the Serial Number on a note as a guessing game. There have been a couple of contests where the SN is blanked out and members must guess the full SN, then win the note or something you want to give away.

11. Treashunt

Cman:

Please see above.

12. krispy

krispy krispy

Please note:

===

In their place I shall add one more idea for Cman per withdrawn post: How about a container filled with coins that members must guess both the coin count and denominational value of? Closest to the amounts wins.

13. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

I like the trivia ideas, numismatic related or just plain history, but trivia can be in a plethora of ways. I did one once with Ben Franklin trivia because I am a big fan of Franklin's. Take your own interests and run with it.

14. DoK U Mint

Knot

How about predicting how long it will take Krispy & TH to tie this thread into a knot?:devil:

15. krispy

krispy krispy

What with the number of instigators poking bears around here... :rolleyes:

...I'll just have to combat them with ideas for Cman, next idea:

Ask members to create a work art using a coin or note design, post a picture of the thing created in a time frame before closing the contest to those who entered, then start a new thread with a poll for all CT members to vote which creation they liked best. The member with the most votes wins. Maybe the one with the least can have a consolation prize.

16. Treashunt

not me.

;)

17. DoK U Mint

Jerry Springer

How about something to do with the Jerry Springer show?

:confused:

Now I've got to go outside and be a lumberjack. Winter is coming and if I can get the wood burner fired up I wont have to deal with storm windows until next week.

18. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

I love trivia as well. I've currently got a contest about predicting hurricanes going to obviously the possibilities are endless. Another one:
    Post a picture of a very small part of a coin. Then ask members to guess what coin it is. Winner gets the coin.

19. DoK U Mint

Got it!:yes:

20. cubenewb

cubenewb Consumer of Knowledge

Contest Idea

You could hve an eBay auction where people guess the sale price. This could potentially gain you more hits for your auction, as an added bonus. Each person would only get one vote each, and the votes would have to be all different estimates.

Meh, not sure if this has been done before though

21. Here's one: You have to guess what the most often played song is on my iTunes. Every day each person gets one guess to narrow it down (Can guess a genre, artist, et cetera). First to guess the correct song wins an awesome prize! :D

This is a really cool contest, cman! I've never seen one like this before

Draft saved Draft deleted