My First Bust Half Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Sep 30, 2026 at 5:38 PM.

  1. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    I was at the Gettysburg Coin show for the 5th annual show. It was a nice show and I have good memories of it. Most of the dealers were very nice, polite, and helpful. However, there was one dealer that had that a 1927-S Peace Dollar. It’s the one I’ve been looking for, for about eight years now and can’t find the right coin. His was the perfect coin.
    The problem was he wanted $250 over the going rate for the Coin at that time. so I didn’t buy it and I’m still looking for the right Coin. However, there is another dealer about three tables away that saw me. He could tell by the way I was looking at the Coin. I was very interested in it so when I got to his table, he asked me about it.
    I told him what it was and how much he wanted for it. His instant reply was that dealer is very high and doesn’t sell very much at the shows he attends. Then he grabbed the gray sheet and he showed me the current date in the price for the Coin in that condition and grade.
    No doubt he was overpriced so I’m glad I walked away. He was a dealer from Delaware and he was very nice and polite , not to mention helpful. He didn’t have anything I was looking for, but he had this coin and it really caught my eye. In fact, I still remember the Coin calling out to me to buy it. I picked it up and looked at it, and he showed me the gray sheet price for it and his price, which was lower. Then he said if you want it I can sell it to you for and he quoted a price.
    I couldn’t believe the price was so low and if I look it up on PCGS’s website, I’ve almost doubled my money. I still have the Coin and I intend to keep it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    IMG_1861.jpeg IMG_1862.jpeg IMG_1863.jpeg
     

Share This Page