My First ANA Coins For A's Came in Today!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by SorenCoins, Jul 17, 2017.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

This afternoon I was pleased to find 2 packages arrive labeled "American Numismatic Association"... "Soren Rollin." First, my member card came! And second came my ANA Coins For A's. Since I got over 3 A's on my report card, I received a free world coin. So I thought I'd write a little about the coin I received:

The coin I got was a 2000 Cuba 25 Centavos. This coin is made of steel, plated in nickel. Minted from 1994-2016, its face value was equivalent to $0.0094 USD. The obverse features the Cuban coat of arms. The reverse features the Manaca-Iznaga Tower, located in the historic city of Trinidad. The third city founded, it was made by the Spanish in early 1500s. My coin is interesting because it appears to be an early die state because of a prooflike look, however, it is actually a late die strike. Cuban coins are minted with this finish. However this one shows tons of planchet damage. As well as quite a bit of cudding, dont worry Cuds on Coins, Ill be e-mailing you. I hope you liked this little bit of information. Here is an image I took of the coin:

thumb_IMG_3331_1024.jpg

Thanks Rod.

-SC

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
    Jwt708, Collect89 and MontCollector like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'd suggest that you edit your original post and delete your ANA member number. This is an open forum, and there is no guarantee that everyone who might view this thread will be honest. We'd like to think that everyone would be honest, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Chris

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Thanks Chris for thinking of it, but some people actually have their ANA in the footing of each post. Soren, I will be glad to edit it for you if your edit time has expired. Just 'report it' or send a PM. If you want to keep it there,do nothing, it is up to you

SorenCoins likes this.
  5. SorenCoins

Yes please edit it out for me. Ive seen people put t in their bio before. Thanks for the warning.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That may be true, Jim, but how many have openly advertised their membership number in a thread?

Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance since "techno-crooks" seem to be getting better and better at plying their trade with the philosophy, "Why work when you can steal?"

Chris

SorenCoins likes this.
  7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Cool coin for your hard work at school!

SorenCoins likes this.
  8. SorenCoins

For sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted