My first 2017 $1

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Legomaster1, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Interestingly, this is the first 2017 $1 note I came across (even though it’s already 2019).

upload_2019-2-21_18-51-27.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

I've seen a few... didn't bother keeping it.

4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I've noticed the average newest note I'll encounter was printed a year ago give or take a month or two. In this case your note was printed approximately one year ago this month so this fits right in with my observation.

2017 $1 notes are becoming increasingly common. My first one was found in November last year but I now encounter them at the rate of 1-2 out of every $150 or so in ones that I go through.

Legomaster1 likes this.
  5. Legomaster1

When the 2006 and 2009 $1 notes came out I saved some with low numbers and A prefixes, because 2003 and 2003A were very prevalent, unlike the ‘06s and ‘09s
    Now, 10 years later, the only notes (of all denominations) I see are 2013s.

6. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Any thoughts about a Secretary of the Treasury that does not have a signature in script? I know kids are no longer being taught script, but this guy must have been taught.

7. Legomaster1

I heard that his cursive ( S.T Mnuchin’s) wasn’t too great, so he didn’t write it in script. I remember Robert E. Rubin’s signature also wasn’t in script.

8. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Eh, maybe not very *good* script, but there are definitely a lot of connected letters:

[​IMG]

Mnuchin's signature, in contrast, is truly *printed*, with no connections at all:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, you've got to admit that Mnuchin's signature is fully legible, which is more than can be said for some of his predecessors.... :rolleyes:

NOS and Legomaster1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted