My Entire Ancient Coin Collection

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Deacon Ray, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I must also disagree with this. I collect coins because I like collecting coins. I do not need any other purpose whether spiritual or intellectual.

panzerman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I collect for many reasons, it gives me great pleasure, I just LOVE the fun of the hunt, partcipating in live/ mail auctions, the thrill of winning a coin that you thought was impossible, the wonderfull sound of the mailman ringing your doorbell with a registered letter/ parcel. Last, the pleasure of seeing your coin in the flesh. I know when I am out working those 100 hour work weeks, coins are on my mind 24/7:happy: So, I guess its good for the mind in a way.
    Of course the history behind each coin is fascinating too.
    John

Orfew likes this.
  4. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

It’s okay not to know what it is that draws us to ancient coins. Folks approaching the hobby from many different directions makes this an interesting forum. Over the years the things that motivate us can change. I enjoy talking to people with different backgrounds and interests. My original attraction to ancient Judaean coins was the Biblical/historic connection. My fascination in Seleucid coins is based more on the artistic beauty the portraiture (and their affordability ;))

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    panzerman likes this.
  5. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

6. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

That is a kick @## virtual poster of your collection DR!!!

...and the collection aint bad either! :woot:

panzerman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted