My Custom Cardboard (er, mat) Display!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Coinmelt, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Coinmelt

Coinmelt New Member

In my other thread HERE I was talking about creating a custom display for variety and error coins.

Here is the finished product.

Made out of mat photography board (thanks dreamer94). Holes were made using a compass cutter and the design is of a public domain image of an American bison.. edited in Photoshop. Then I just simply glued the design on top of the mat board.

Yes, I'm aware die chips are that valuable, at least the small ones like these, but they are the only coins I had on my desk :p

I'll probably write up a tutorial on how to make it for those that want to know when I get some free time.

It's my first one and its not 100% perfect but it only took 10 minutes to make.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. topcover

topcover Change 'Ho

You are a total geek! :hail:

Great job! Since you've put so much effort into this, finish it off with the plastic holder. All you need to do is pull the insert and replace it with one of yours. Check it out HERE.

4. acl864

acl864 Senior Member

Nice! I like it.

Andy

5. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

Coinmelt,

Thats pretty neat! If nothing else it is a great way to store your own coins! Thats one creative away to do it:hail::bow::high5::D

Also, I just clicked on both your links below. I like the Coin Degree finder. Thats neat. i am going to try and do that tomorrow or this weekend. Also the coinmelt calculator is pretty neat! YTou seem to have a nack for coming up with neat ideas, keep them coming. oh and as to what was already said, i have to agree you are a total geek:D:high5:

Regards,
    S

6. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

nicely done!

7. Coinmelt

Coinmelt New Member

Thanks for the comments. I'm looking into getting some mylar sleeves or maybe look into acrylic casings. Not sure just yet.

Yarg, I'm 100% geek - it's a gift and curse. As for my websites rollhunting is currently in limbo until I get something coded up and coinmelt is going to get a face lift shortly and maybe a few other countries added :>

8. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

Hey Coinmelt!!! When you are rich and famous, remember I was the ONE who said to go forward despite all the disparaging remarks.

If I remember correcly I think it was me who came up with all of your ideas. In addition, I think I have the right to assume control over all of your patents.....

On the other hand, if you don't think that you owe me a huge bunch of money, I would be willing to accept a few feet of bubble-wrap and a selection of 5x7 mailing envelopes.

9. Topher

Topher New Member

Another great idea from coinmelt. Keep up the great work!

10. TC2007

TC2007 Senior Member

Really slick Coinmelt, I wish I had talent like that.

11. Coinmelt

Coinmelt New Member

I made another one to finish off my current nickel die chip collection. This one came out a little rough as it was rushed but still pretty darn cool.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Attached Files:

12. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I like it. Great Job... :)

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

nah, it was Pocket Change's idea.
    We know that, see post above.

14. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Hey man, you did a great job! Very nice! :thumb: