My collar strike ministry.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Nov 23, 2017.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Ellis Island 2017 P as you can see it has a collar strike, which is not unusual because it seems a lot of these Ellis Island p that I have all have some form of Collar straight.
    I will say a good majority.

My ministry is if the excess reeding material is pushed up by the pressure of the die pushing the planchet into the collar. Thus producing the excess material
    if you notice in the photos the collar strike cuts through the debris.
    How the Excess debris get there before the collar strike. If the planchet is under extreme pressure A maximum pressure for quarters is 342 standard tons. I would really like to learn how this happens. USMC60 csm-1.jpg csm-2.jpg csm-3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Errr what? o_O
    What do you mean by Ministry?

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Where did you get 342 tones?

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

What does excess debris have to do with a collar strike?

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Maximum-Work-Hub-Tonnages-510x734.jpg

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

What I'm trying to say is most of the excess metal goes up between the collar and die.
    The collar usually acts like a dam preventing the excess from going on the back side of this color straight.
    What I'm asking is how the collar strike can occur after the excess metal is over the edge before the strike. Since this is supposed to all be happening under extreme pressure. I can see how the three collar strikes can occur. Here is a good link.
    Collar strike
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...coin-errors/&usg=AOvVaw3BquDV6l71kGZxnR94Hfuf

I'm just trying to see how this particular strike occurred. USMC60

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Is that sign from the press that's used to make hubs and working dies or a press used for making coins?

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

These photos were not available at the time of my first post. These photos demonstrate what I mean by the collar strike acting like a dam to prevent excess metal from going any further. cs-3.jpg

Attached Files:

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

All I can say. If you do a little research you can find this exact sign in exactly the place it should be. If I found it you can sure find it.

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

So you are saying you don't know the true answer to my question? If you did you would just answer.

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Now Larry that Wouldn't be any fun. To spoil your search for the truth.
    Larry The sign And my last quote told you Where the sign came from.

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Yet again, you can't just answer a straight question. It's clear you don't know what type of press it is. And, no. I'm not going to take the time to track down where you found the sign because I know it has nothing to do with the actual striking pressure used to strike a quarter. They don't even use that much pressure to strike much larger coins.

15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

2BF03A5A-0C63-43FF-A8DA-124880B2160C-18916-00001428870D2DD7.jpeg

I kid... I kid...

16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I can see you and your sidekick are back together again. For you and the Other.
    The safety signs are put up at every press station at the United States mint.

If you were to read the sign. It states do not exceed maximum pressure.
    The sign is self-explanatory and is put up so the technician does not exceed maximum pressure on whichever press he is operating.

Now if you and your significant other do not have anything constructive to say I would appreciate it if you just change the channel.

If anything fools like you and your other have taught me on CT you better do your research. The only problem I have with two bozos is they like run in their mouth without checking their facts for the truth.

ldhair It is understandable but Chris you are coin talks fax finder,That information should be at the tip of your fingertips.

To all new members.And any individuals that may be doing a search, and happened to read the quotes of these two individual members. All I'll say is be cautious.

You are better off doing a little more research, the answers are out there at the click of a button. USMC60

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

BooksB4Coins Nice photo of an old locomotive engine operator.
    Still proud to say I'm a member of the operating engineers. oi-2.jpg

Have not got my hands on a locomotive yet. But I don't see too many problems.
    I prefer work-3.jpg
    Take your pick I am quite proficient on all. Proud to say I'm a journeyman operate an engineer.
    Here are couple of jobs out of many. work-2-b.jpg Before I started on this project, the side of this hill was all trees as you can see around the project. Did all the clearing put in all the roads you see, put in water sewage and drainage. One little project on the side of a hill above the Columbia winery.

This next project drove me up the wall but I did manage to get it done. work-a.jpg When I started this project it was basically a cow field. The golf course decided they were going to put in a putting course this is the completed project after I went in and put in all the path sand traps and water obstructions and little greens.

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You should stop with the insults. I'm one of the few that will even post in your threads. When I do, I ask questions to allow you the chance to correct or explain what you are trying to say. It's not easy trying to understand your post. Be clear in what you are saying. Only you can correct this.

Youngcoin likes this.
  19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

ldhair
    I go by simple rules of my life. Do onto others as you'd have them do unto you.
    In order to receive respect you must give respect. I have put up with by both of yours insults and derogatory remarks. And so has your remarks by yourself and Chris when it comes back on you it seems you at least get a little upset.
    If you dish it out you better well be able to take it back. Unfortunate it seems you can dish it out but you can't take it when it comes right back at you.

I'll be the first one to admit this is a learning experience for me this past year but I'm learning something new every day.
    If you do not like derogatory remarks made towards you then stop making them towards others.
    I watch how you and Chris jump all over new members and I think it's appalling. But as you found out this is one Marine is not gonna put up with it.
    I'm trying to learn to play well with others, I suggest both you and Chris and others try to do the same.
    USMC60 ps Treat others as you want to be treated

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't insult you. I ask questions. It's up to you to learn how to deal with that. Most just have you on ignore. I don't do that. I'm willing to discuss it in an adult manner.
    When I'm ask a question, I give an honest answer. If I don't know the answer I say so without becoming insulting.

Before we both get warned for having back and forth, I'll just leave this thread and start reporting your insults.

21. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Larry I could be childish and go back and copy and paste all your insults. But as you said it's easier to put ignore and move on. And if you wish to report the insults that's totally up to you.
    Do you really think I care if you Chris and others put ignore on my threads. You are few compared to the many that read my threads. I guess some members know how to asked if they do not understand something that I'm trying to explain.
    And those members will say I'll do everything possible to help explain it the best way I can, I make mistakes in spelling may be in the way I present things, but I'm learning how to correct that. Some members are courteous enough to help me with that.Unlike others with their derogatory remarks.

Draft saved Draft deleted