My Christmas Present

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tonylynch, Jan 4, 2009.

1. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

Not coins, a Sigma 50mm Macro Lens for my camera. Just experimenting with it a bit. This is a 1909 Half that was given to me when I was about 15.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

1914 10 Pfennig. I found this and then next coin in the Apartment we moved into when I was stationed in Berlin.

Attached Files:

4. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

1918 Half Mark

Attached Files:

5. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

1918 Walking Liberty Half, got this in a roll a few months back. It ain't pretty, but I was still amazed to find it in a roll.

Attached Files:

6. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Thanks 4 sharing. Nice coin/pics and I hope your new lens captures more detail than you ever imagined. And i really like this: (Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate). Been trying to teach my 9yo neice that, but when ur parents let u swear, i guess it goes in one ear and out the other.

7. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Tony - that's a great XMAS present and thanks for sharing your pictures. On my wish list is one day taking an ANA photography class along with a grading class. I'm better at hands on instruction than trying to figure it all out alone. I've taken a few pics that can be seen in my signature link that are the best I can do (there are also just a few sellers pics there too).

Keep snapping away and show us some more when you get a great one!

8. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

Thanks y'all. I try to live by that quote. Used to shock my troops when I'd have to call them in to "talk" with them. Rarely did I resort to yelling, volume and clarity are usually mutually self-exclusive. Also, I tried very hard not to use any profanity, maybe damn or hell, but that was the extent. Trust me, they knew that they had just received a butt-chewing. I was actually written up in an end-of-course critique as being too stern.

Back to the lens, I really like that I can get 1:1 (or life-size) maximum magnification. That attached image is a 1:1 macro shot of LIBERTY on a 1963-D DDO-009.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted