My Canada 5 Cent Date set (Circulated)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by MontCollector, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Well thanks to a package I got in the mail today this project is almost done. These are mostly all circulated with the exception of a few.

This is a Date set so major varieties were not included. I am missing the 2 key dates, 1925 and 1926, and the 1942 Tombac.

Here it is so far. From 1922-2017. The book ends at 2011 so the rest will have to go in 2x2's for now.

As always I will be upgrading this over time and moving into new folder as well. IMG_0005-horz.jpg IMG_0006.JPG

I love the new 2017 commemorative.

Thanks for looking...Mont

sonlarson, jj00, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That's a really nice set!

I have this big Nickel.. Do you have one?
    IMG_20170225_113823_7180.jpg IMG_20170225_113804_4489.jpg

dwhiz and MontCollector like this.
  4. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Now that's a big nickel!! One I don't have to get a loop to see the details...very bad eyes. :)

No can't say that I do. I do have a few of the normal size for that year.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Cool! I love the look of an old school album sometimes.

At first I wondered what the "gold" colored one was, until I remembered about the tombacs.

Interesting (to me) factoid: Canadian nickel is magnetic, so most of these coins will stick to a magnet, unlike US "nickel" five-cent pieces, which are actually 75% copper and only 25% nickel.

Since many Canadian coins are magnetic, it makes me wonder how successful one could be "magnet fishing" in popular swimming lakes and such places. You'd probably get a ton of other junk, but if there were enough $1 and $2 face-value coins found (which I believe are also magnetic?), that could add up nicely.

Draft saved Draft deleted