My Canada $2 Set

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Legomaster1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

I posted earlier about a 1954 Canadian $2 note I acquired from my local coin shop.
    Well, I went back there yesterday, and bought the rest of the notes needed to complete my design set.
    upload_2019-7-11_12-52-1.jpeg
    Here it is!

@Devyn5150, you might find this interesting.

Endeavor, R_rabbit, Devyn5150 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Just so you are aware they did make a 2 dollar bill in 1937 . I think 1937 was the very first year but I may be wrong. I am in Canada so if I happen to come across one at a good deal I will get it and then message you for your address so I can send it to you. I may see them in Canadian auctions that I buy from now and again. Dillan ( Bank of Canada put out 2 dollar bill in 1935 they are pricy to buy ( I will watch for the 37 for you.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Legomaster1 likes this.
  4. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

About 30-35 years ago my mother made a gift for her cousin. She designed a mini table top Christmas tree out of folded $2 Canadian bills... a couple hundred dollars worth as I recall.

If only I was a collector back then I probably wouldn’t be the stereotypical starving artist that I am today.

My bill collection will eventually hold more than my single $1 bill... I just haven’t found her any suitable companions yet.

I like your set. The queen always looks better further back in time one goes.

Legomaster1 likes this.
  5. onecenter

onecenter Member

Good to see these old banknotes. Every once in awhile I would see one in upstate New York when a Canadian customer would come into the bank. Kept a few crisp uncirculated or extremely fine specimens of one, two-, five-, ten- and twenty dollars. The Can$50 and Can$100 banknotes had to be spent.

6. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Update , they also put out a 2 dollar bill in 1870, 1898 , 1911-14 , and 1923 . These would be very expensive , and hard to find some of them . Well I learned something from this post , Canada had a lot more 2 dollar bills then I assumed they did .. (assumed ) alright !...…. Just to let @Legomaster1 know , I will try and get some to add to your collection , I have a couple of bids I put out last night . Will know by tomorrow night if I get them for what I bid , and if I do they are yours to add to your set. Dillan

Draft saved Draft deleted