My bf told me 1972 1c ...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mariahfox, Apr 7, 2021.

1. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

I've honestly been tempted to do the same thing... on multiple occasions.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

I don't remember exactly, but its basically what masterswimmer said. Something rude that ticked me off probably.

eddiespin and SensibleSal66 like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Another one on my ignore list, that's all. Anymore people ? I've gotten past it . :happy:

6. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Sal, where you from?
    Masterswim, where you from?

I'm hoping you two are just playing around, but Sal, i knew you were breaking balls, because I'm from the north east, the global capital of breaking balls. Masterswim, you're a good dude (Sal, I'm not saying you're not), but I'm guessing you're from somewhere more, wholesome? Where people still say "good morning" on the street to each other, am i right? We're not. Maybe you Sal, you're in more New England, but where I'm from, it's heads down, shoulders forward, mumble to yourself so ppl think you're crazy, and they move to the other side of the street.

masterswimmer and GH#75 like this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

A hearty welcome to Coin Talk @Mariahfox. Ignore the comments that don't address your questions and are helpful to you.
    You might try a soak and use a wooden tooth pick to "clean" the gunk from the date and get a better look at it.
    @thomas mozzillo gave what I thought was the "Best Answer," and most helpful. Thanks Thomas.

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm actually from the NE too. And quite frankly I'm a big ball buster. But not with someone who's first post asks a bona fide question and they don't necessarily understand the tone and personalities of the players involved. In other words give the newbie a breaking in period before busting hump.

Oh, I grew up in da Bronx. So you can't get much more ball busting, inner city, head down, mind your own business, keep to yourself upbringing.

And for the record, I knew Sal was ball busting. Like I said though, before bringing it to the 'we're ball busting buddies' level of 'intimacy' learn the persons name and get to know them first. Otherwise their interpretation of the hump buster is more of obnoxious know it all.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  9. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected! My apologies. I happen to agree 100%, give ppl a little time to adjust, but as a semi-professional "chop" buster (let me clean up my own mess) myself, sometimes it's hard to resist. And i actually thought the original comment was funny, and she seemed to find it funny, unless she was being protective. On that note, I'm gonna put my foot in my mouth, and probably never comment again, lol. Hope everyone has a great, healthy, happy, productive weekend...!

masterswimmer likes this.
  10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

No apology necessary. Really.

The irony is, I busted Sal's hump, and the first thing he did was iggy me. Kinda thin skinned for a ball buster if you ask me. ;)

GH#75 likes this.
  11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Does the word ASSUME mean anything to you! CT is a opinionated forum, to each their own, with respect for all... I'm happy to be among all of you. Thank you

12. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Two cents worth of coins

13. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

hey @Mariahfox welcome to CT. i got to go with the majority here and if you haven't already check out @thomas mozzillo post and use the links he provided. cant go wrong there. good luck to ya

Draft saved Draft deleted