My Best Choice 2019

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by 7Calbrey, Dec 5, 2019.

1. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

I chose the eye-appealing coins that I liked them more. I would post half of them now, while the remaining part next week before Christmas. My hope is to acquire new coins before the end of the year 2019. Here they are..
    1-Julian II,struck at Antioch. Reverse has the sign of Tauros. Ric VII- 216 Delta
    2-Trajan, Brass As struck at Rome. Reverse has SC within wreath. RIC 647
    5Alexander Severus-Antioch. Reverse has Tyche seated on rock,crowned by Severus, with another Tyche standing before her. River god Orontes below.BMC 479.
    3Agrippa II- Judaea. Struck under Titus. Reverse has Nike walking right. Hendin 625.
    4Sidon-Phoenicia. Dichalkis (Autonomous). Reverse has galley with Greek inscription and date. Rouvier 1293.

Bul Julian II O           Tauros.JPG BulJant Ric 8        216  D.JPG Traj Rome O  Ric 647.JPG Traj As R         Brass.JPG TitAgrip O      Hendin612.JPG Titus jude R    Agrippa2.JPG SidonGalley    Rouvier1293.JPG SidoG2BCtyc  auto2chalkis.JPG AlexSever O    Antioch.JPG AlexSev Tych  Orontes R.JPG

akeady, ancientone, Spaniard and 32 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Very nice coins and variety, I especially like the strong detail on the Julian II. Congrats.

7Calbrey likes this.
  4. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Really nice group - I enjoyed the post. I agree the Julian II is excellent and I like the provincial Severus Alexander second.

7Calbrey and Severus Alexander like this.
  5. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Really nice examples, I love the Julian II/ esp. since I am a "Taurus". Yours could handle that Kushan Bull "Nandi" in a fight;)

7Calbrey likes this.
  6. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Nice additions to your collection this past year! I particularly like the Severus Alexander from Antioch.

7Calbrey likes this.
  7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Nice group of coins 7C, I really dig that JII bull coin and that last provincial...what a cool reverse!

7Calbrey likes this.
  8. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Awesome! The reverse of that last coin is magnificent.
    I also purchased the similar types of your top two... Though not in as good of shape:
    B0306681-5112-41FC-8907-E10C87477726.png D733E700-C479-4989-B6D4-840FBF601E66.png

Spaniard, Bing, Johndakerftw and 5 others like this.
  9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Great coins, @7Calbrey ! I am partial to your JII with bull! Nice. It is the only one in your group that I share with you.

JULIAN II
    [​IMG]
    RI Julian II The Apostate CE 360-363 AE1 maiorina Diad R - SECVRITAS REIPVB 2 stars Apis Bull stg R ANT-Gamma 2 palms ANTIOCH RIC 217 LRBC 2641

10. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

Terrific, Your Julian bronze is outstanding.

7Calbrey likes this.
  11. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

That Severus Alexander reverse is really something special : spectacular

Q

7Calbrey likes this.
  12. gogili1977

gogili1977 Well-Known Member

Very interesting coins with probably intentionally leftover soil remains.

7Calbrey likes this.
  13. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

Great Julian!...Now that's a bull!

7Calbrey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted