My basket case buffalo...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Maggie 3, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Maggie 3

Maggie 3 New Member

Alright so I'm a new member. I have scoured the internet trying to find out info on this coin. This is a 1919 double die buffalo that I fondly call my "basket case." It contains a rim clip, IMG_20180912_040041694_BURST001.jpg cud, two peels (one retained) was struck with a retained coin or another coin was struck over it in two places. Lightly struck e pluribus, lamination errors, dye drag on the obverse plus I believe I'm missing another one or two that I have failed to mention here... What would I call this bundle of errors? And is there any value to this coin in this grade? I inherited it and quite treasure it, not that I wouldn't possiably part with it, (single mom here) but I dearly cared about the relative who left it to me. I however am told by my insurance agents to disclose coins of value and this one is a toughy to find information on...are multiple mint error coins valued higher?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Sorry. I would call that wear and tear from 99 years of circulation. Not worth more than a bit over face value.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wow.. I'm sorry but you really need better and clearer pictures. I honestly see nothing.

And the correct terminology is actually Doubled Die.. Not double Die

5. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

6. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

Just curious, but how do you know that this coin is everything you state it is? Have you had it attributed to back up these designations? From what you've provided, this just looks like an old coin that's had a rough life.

7. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Yeah.....I would suspect something not correct such as what does this have to do with an insurance agent?

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Dye drag??? I certainly would not add this coin or any others on an insurance rider until you know how to use proper terminology and actually know what any coins are really worth. Most insurance companies will not pay out on any losses if your coins are not looked at by a professional and you have a letter from them after an appraisal.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sorry but all I can see is wear.

10. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

If you want help, you should take some better photos. :)

11. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Definitely need better pictures, I can see the area on the edge by LIBERTY is just damage, but can't make out anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted