My 7070 In progress

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seba79, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! The 1851 seated half dime is not in the best condition, but it is very nice.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

It just has that nice honest coin look. Coins like that always make me think of their story. I sometimes wish that old coins came with a diary.

K2Coins likes this.
  4. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

new added ! 1835 Capped Bust Dime

grade? fine? very fine? thanks..!

1835a.jpg 1835b.jpg

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Welcome to CT. I'm puttig together my own 7070, but I'm doing it with graded coins. Thanks for posting your collection.

6. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

I would say around VF20!

7. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

To me, the frustrating part about the 7070 is that Dansco has been out of them for seemingly forever. Every dealer I check is out of stock, and they have no idea when they're going to get more. I believe I read Dansco is redesigning it.

9. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I cant imagine what would be taking them 5 years to figure out how to redesign one of their more popular and highly requested albums.

I wish they would venture back into some updated Mexican albums besides the Libertads and Large Silver Pesos

10. V. Kurt Bellman

At least now we can make an educated guess what was holding up the latest Kennedy Halves page - the 10 or 11 coin (depending on whether you want a hole for the gold one) 2014 update set. :nailbiting:

While we're lobbying Dansco for new products - various British pre-decimal and Swiss denominations would make me a customer.

11. It feels like Dansco is beginning to exit the coin hobby. Their updates are few and far between and dealers constantly have trouble getting certain albums due to supply constraints.

12. Your set is really coming together!

13. treylxapi47

Ideally these are the specific albums I am wanting Dansco to make:

Italian 500 Lire from 1958-2001
    Mexican Pesos from 1918-1945 (Caps and Rays)
    Mexican 20 Centavos from 1943-1974
    Updated 7070

Those are 4 albums that I would purchase immediately

14. treylxapi47

This would be a shame as they are by far the best (IMHO), and easily the most popular at the moment

AlbumAccumulator likes this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

Someone once said the part of LA where they're located is getting a little, umm, unsuitable for further investment? Maybe a move is in the works? I hope that's all it is.

One of our Red Rose Coin Club members had a Dansco custom album with 39mm holes and a custom label in classic Dansco typeface that read "Red Rose Coin Club Medals". Next year's is our 50th consecutive year of producing an annual medal set.

16. treylxapi47

I made a custom album for the ZomBucks series from Provident Metals which is pretty cool. I didnt get fancy with the typeface and embossing, just used some gold acrylic paint.

Id still like 'official' albums for those series I was looking. Even tried to find native albums like on mexican sites and stuff. No luck :/

17. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Please don't hijack threads guys.

Nice addition Seba. I would have to call it fine details for the obverse scratch, but still a very attractive coin. What coin are you targeting next?

18. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think that the next coin is the 3 cents silver, or maybe the shield nickel with rays.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  19. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

new added !

1853 silver 3 Cents & 1928 Standing Liberty Quarter

1853a.jpg 1853b.jpg 1928a.jpg 1928b.jpg

Kirkuleez likes this.
  20. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

And I change the 2012 D Half Kennedy, for this 1992 Silver Kennedy

1992a.jpg 1992b.jpg

Kirkuleez and RaceBannon like this.
  21. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Very nice additions, shield with rays next?

Draft saved Draft deleted