my 2013-s silver eagle

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by khalil elara, Jan 5, 2018.

1. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

i bought 3 silver eagle ms 70 by PCGS ON LABEL IT SAID MINTED IN SAN FRANCISCO BUT ON THE REVERSE the is no mint mark is this ok or some else wrong with the coin i am going to put a scan of both side i could be wrong but i am only a first grader yet 2013-s silver eagle.jpg 2013-s silver eagle reverse.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

The 'S' in parenthesis indicates that it is a bullion coin minted in SF (must have been an entire monster box that was submitted, as PCGS, or anyone else, would have no way of knowing where it was minted, otherwise). No bullion coin has a mint mark, only collector pieces purchased directly from the mint by collectors (or dealers) will have a mint mark.

Personally, I see no need to have silver bullion graded. "Collectors pieces" maybe, but only limited/short production ones. Gold pieces, I can see purchasing graded, as that gives assurance to the buyer that the coin is genuine. Don't overpay for an MS-69, though, as the 'book value' between raw and an MS-69 is minimal. 69 to 70 is where you MAY see a price jump.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  4. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

you mean not san francisco minted it does not have a value like the others i only paid $ 127 for three of them

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The elusive 'S' s-less.........it appears you've been 'snookered' by the hype over these things my friend. 1st grader, or not, you must do your homework. Busted out of the slab, it appears as all other bullion coins. Nothing significant to distinguish it....just the assurance from a third party grading service. It's similar to bottled water. What assurance have I that such bottled water is not being produced by a couple who fill their bathtub, and bottle the substance in Pittsburgh?

mikenoodle and Garlicus like this.
  6. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

I can only assume that PCGS verified that it was minted in SF, as previously indicated. As for value, like anything, it's worth whatever people are willing to pay, based on facts presented at any given time.

Draft saved Draft deleted