Featured My 20 years coins collection alone with 3500oz silver bars were stolen.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kevin wu, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

On 8/13/2021 my coins and silver were stolen , around 8:10 pm my neighbor saw 3 dark skin color guys two wearing mask were heading to his house driveway and he look them through the window ,and those guys also saw him so they turn off and went to my house , my neighbor saw them went to my backyard and he call 911 around 8:20 PM , the operator ask him if he saw them breaking into my house, and he say he lost sight because he can't see well on his side of house , but he saw them went to my backyard , and police were never coming check out . I was arrived home 8:45 PM and I saw my front door were open , and I immediately checked my bedroom , my bedroom was totally mass , I call 911 at 8:47 PM told them my house were being burglary and they said gonna send police over , but after 12 hours later finally they send two police officers to my house that was next day morning 9am . Now I am done with coins habbit if I am lost all those coins . Here is what I lost during my house burglary and if anyone can identify those suspects or saw any those stolen coins and paper money and sell on any website or store please inform me or police 315-442-5222 . I were told by police officers that handling this case said those guys hit few houses on my city area already , I will reward 100 oz silver bar for anyone have information that leads in capture those suspects. Here is video of three suspects . And here some of my coins collection and 3500 oz silver bar , and those suspects were in Syracuse new York . I only have about 40 coins and 15 paper money were stolen but only few of them I have pictures . Screenshot_20210813-210626_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210813-210712_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-003332_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-003410_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-033248_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-033540_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-033614_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-033623_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-034129_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210814-033924_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210813-210626_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210813-210712_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210813-210626_Chrome.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin wu

Screenshot_20210813-210832_Chrome.jpg Here is few more pictures Screenshot_20210814-034157_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210813-210525_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210814-034211_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210814-034224_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210814-034241_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210830-145258_Google.jpg

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

5. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Check the pawn shops. Very sorry that happened to you.
    Post this as well on EVERY local facebook page you can. Maybe someone works with these asshats who knows their identity and place of residence.

All I'll say is that no matter what a thief takes, stepping into my house is a death wish. You won't leave without a gash across the stomach.

Copper lover likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

This really sucks, and those idiots show up 12 hours later?

Can you file a complaint?

GH#75, Oooh_look2001, jafo50 and 3 others like this.
  7. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Terrible. Some of those like the quarter struck on a 10 yen coin are so very easily identifiable, the low life would be easy to identify if they brought it to a coin shop or a pawn shop.

john65999 and Copper lover like this.
  8. Kevin wu

Yeah , my neighbor call 911 also when he saw them at my backyard , and no police come , I call 911 about my house begins burglary , and they're showing up 12 hours later , I dont know if I can files complaint about that , but I know this worst experience with police I ever had , at this point files complaint not gonna help this case .

love old coins and Copper lover like this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss Kevin. It really frost my you know whats that property crimes no long take any priority over other crimes.
    Did they even consider taking prints? I bet they didn't. Too time consuming and costly for most departments now. Did they ask for a copy of the home surveillance video? The responding officers usually can't be bothered and don't do any more than write up a report and send a copy to the burglary unit.
    I would recommend you contact a detective in the burglary unit and voice a complaint to see if you can light a fire under them. Your items are easily identified if they turn up, say in a pawn shop, so you could recover them.
    I would also contact Numismatic Crime Center and file a report.
    I'm sure all of us here at CT wish you the best in making a recovery. Be sure to update us on this matter.

10. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

As a victim of theft both of physical property and someone who hacked my debit card I feel your pain.

Prayers for a positive outcome.

Stevearino, john65999, JPD3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Kevin wu

Yes the responding officers were taking finger prints on the items but I think those guys were wearing gloves , and officers were taking the copy of video from my camera and my neighbor camera crossed of street a week later , I haven't see any video from my neighbor camera . I won't file any complaints for now I dont want make look bad when they working on my case ,I will update any further information on this case .

12. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

love old coins and john65999 like this.
  13. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I'm sorry to hear of this.

Good luck.

Copper lover likes this.
  14. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Did this happen 10 years ago? The date on the video looks like it is 2011.

Copper lover likes this.
  15. Kevin wu

No the data was reset when I unplug power off , I was unplug the station and put it under my table, it was 8/13/2021 around 8:10 PM time.

Copper lover and Inspector43 like this.
  16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I’m in Onondaga County too, where Syracuse is located. Legit coin and pawn shops require ID and need to hold for 30 days. None of the surrounding counties have such rules. I’ll be talking to most of them in the coming weeks but I’m guessing they moved on

17. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

What city is this in? I will keep a lookout.

18. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I definitely would have all nearby Pawnshops notified . If they receive stolen merchandise they have to turn it in I believe.

19. Kevin wu

Syracuse new York.

20. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Yes that is correct, although whenever a pawn shop buys something (at least in some states) they have to take down your information and upload it into the police database. That is in case the item turns out to be stolen.

If the robbers were stupid enough to sell a stolen item to a pawn shop and give their information, they probably would have already been caught.

21. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

@Kevin wu I'm so sorry to hear of your horrible loss. Crossing my fingers you're lucky to recover your stolen collection.

People need to understand that calling the police/911 is not a means to prevent or even stop a crime in progress. The police are only available to clean up the mess after the crime has been perpetrated. It is up to us to perform due diligence in protecting our families and property.

Best of luck in your recovery efforts. I hope they nail those thugs.

Draft saved Draft deleted