My 1st counterfeit

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by LuckyCoin, Feb 4, 2020.

1. LuckyCoin

LuckyCoin HappyHunting

Hi everybody thanks for stopping by just wanted to share my story of my first counterfeit coin. Im a supervisor and one of my workers knows i love coin collecting and stuff and showed me this coin. She says her husband who just passed a couple of months ago had this coin hidden. She kept telling me its old...just have no idea how old or the price. She told me ill sell it to you if you can figure out the price if it. I was like I'd love to do the research.
    First thing in my head and looking at it and holding it was that red flag feeling...it looked way 2 good to be as old as we think. Well sure enough all i put in Google search was...coin with grapes and a palm tree and .....Surprize surprise i found it. How funny first thing is thats its 1 of the largest counterfeit coins out there. The pics will show you what i found out...(Romen coin)... and luckily it evn shows you how to spot the genuine from the fakes. And yes this 1 was a Perfect match for the Fake.
    So funny after i showed her the results...lol it went from selling it to me toooo "You can have it" haha... so always but always do your homework before buying...well hope this helps some1 out there....Happy Hunting:bored::pompous::wideyed:;)o_O

Attached Files:

raingoat and PaddyB like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Show and Tell

Thanks for the story.

LuckyCoin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted