My 1st 2009 Duke Ellington Quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Yvon, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Yvon

Yvon New Member

I used my micro capture to see if I could find any errors. I am excited to have my first Duke Ellington. I took two pics with the micro capture. The thumb is barely visible.
    I see some doubling on 1st piano key as well as a few others. Does anyone see these?
    I also see some doubling to the left of Duke Ellington letters towartds the left of the letters ?
    Happy Fathers Day to all the amazing days out there.
    I would appreciate what others are seeing ? 240616162839868.jpg 240616163156095.jpg IMG_4794[1258].jpg IMG_4795[1257].jpg

dwhiz and Dynoking like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Minted by a worn die is the cause of what you are seeing. Glad you finally can add one to your collection.

dwhiz, Dynoking and SensibleSal66 like this.
  4. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Did you find any variety match at Wexler or VV?…if it doesn’t show at either of those 2 sites, it probably isn’t…imo…Spark

5. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow does see the thing in the first key. It might be one of the many doubled die versions of that issue. Meow has pawed through quite a few of those without finding any of them. A slightly closer pic of the spot in question would be good for all to see better and give more accurate opinions on.

6. Yvon

Yvon New Member

if you double click on first two pics they enlarge and show that area much better.
    i took another pic

240617170535653.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted