my 1996-w dime

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by khalil elara, Oct 9, 2020.

1. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

1996-w dime revers.jpg i bought a mint set both p&d 95 96 with 96 i got 96-w dime hope i am seeing right thing first see a line on the head is it a die break or not the i notice the m m look funny and another line at 4 o`clock ends at 6 o`clock the find what look like a number all market as will i hope i am on some thing big by the by the dime is in mint cellophane 1996-w dime  2.jpg i forgot the reverse here it is sorry guys

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Unfortunately all the marks appear to be PMD. Post mint damage.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Most of the marks appear to be on the plastic, not on the coin

5. khalil elara

you mean the guy use a pliers to fitted in the thing how about the number o his nick is that pmd too

6. khalil elara

i never claim i am an expert but if what you saying is true how com the other 96-w i have does not have these lines

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Here is mine.
    I sent it to NGC for grading
    1996w a(2).JPG

Inspector43 and onecenter like this.
  8. khalil elara

mr paddyman i know u collect errors for along time i do value your opinion tell how it got in mint set pmd do the mint inspect the coin before they put it in the set or the inspector was of that day

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Dropped the coin putting it in the pack, wiped it off on their pants and left fibers, fingerprints and scratches.

10. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

No, I’m saying the damage to the coin is post mint process, not post packaging process. There are many examples of damaged proof set and mint set coins in original government packaging.

Draft saved Draft deleted