My 1990 D Lincoln variety

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jessica L McClellan, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Hey so I know everyone is gonna be so quick to say .. But I'm going to ask you guys to open up all options on this penny I took it in to a coin shop they told me they thought I had scored a DDR . Hey so I know everyone is gonna be so quick to say that it's not etc... But I'm going to ask you guys to open up all options on this penny I took it in to a c. It's not machine doubling cause it would be more square , as doubled die would be raised as mine is. We ruled out die deteriation to. I followed the 1990 variety vista and it looks like a match and than every letter has the right doubling as we're it should show not show etc...please help with coin . People been telling me to go get it professionally graded LOL I'm going to consider it. But here are pics. There are cuds under beard .GOD Looked filled in cause doubling. IMG_20200206_002213.jpg
    There also I a die break going through the 0 in 1990. D mint mark as the point when normally that's from doubling. IMG_20200206_002213.jpg 2020-2-5 23-29-48.jpg 2020-2-5 23-29-48.jpg 1580979457786.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

I opened my mind and my eyes imo it is DDD with a MAD and plating blisters not a cud.Jmo

4. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I’m no error collector but I bet someone will come along and tell you it’s split plate doubling due to the crap metals that are used to mint these coins.

Clawcoins and Inspector43 like this.
  5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

6. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

This looks like a normal cent to me. Split plating throughout the reverse; more significant than typically seen. Coin looks cleaned as well. Some hydrozincite going on by the beard on the obverse. Doubling normally appears between the columns on the right of the Memorial. I don't see anything there other than the split plate. Die deterioration as noted by our fellow enthusiasts.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not all coin shop owners know what a true Doubled die variety is.. Believe or not.

I see also see a split plate issue. Nothing major.
    I see no DDO doubling. Just a normal worn die strike.

Inspector43 likes this.
  8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Split plate doubling. No Added Value Doubling.

10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I say sell it to the coin shop. Cash out before they learn otherwise.

Oldhoopster and thomas mozzillo like this.
  11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Lol That'll teach em!

12. Clawcoins

Yes, It's clearly the *BEST* Option as.. well I needed to "open up all options on this penny" as the penny apparently showed no attributes that you can reference on the aforementioned websites or other *experts* if you believe the Coin Shop.

Plus I don't want to be the devil as frank mentioned ...

And since it is a Coin Shop, you would think they would OFFER Good Money for this cent. Cash out is the best option.
    I wish there was a poll ....

either that or it's the posterchild for extreme split plating, die deterioration, ridge ring, corrosion (no, it's not a cud under the chin) ... etc.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

If you deal with this coin shop on a regular basis I would say no, don't sell it to them.

14. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

if you do this you will lose all the money you spend, i also agree with everything stated above, your coin is worth 1 cent, sorry but you have nothing there, keep looking..

15. Clawcoins

I am curious, Who is telling you this?

16. Collecting Nut

Having this coin graded is a waste of money.

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I've been beaten by the early birds. I also see what they are. Sorry, not a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted