My 1922 'In God We Trvst' coin. :))

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by JustinBoi, Jul 7, 2011.

1. JustinBoi

JustinBoi New Member

Okay well I got a two pictures of this coin I possess.
    Since I cannot upload them due to errors, and I cannot get the photos from the URL because it says it's invalid, I have two links below which go to my Photobucket account, in which the photos are displayed.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/Justin_Broughton/CoinPhotos002.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/Justin_Broughton/CoinPhotos004.jpg

I don't know a single thing about this coin. Also I do have two of them. Both in about the same condition.

Any answers would be appreciated! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GJ1103

GJ1103 coin addicted Navy man

That my young friend is a 1922-S Peace dollar in pretty rough condition. I would say it is worth melt, which right now is $28.16.

4. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

I'm not sure what your question is but I will give you some information on your two peace dollars. You have a 1922 S mint peace dollar minted in San Fransisco, I would say the example you posted is AG-3 and would be worth melt. The peace dollar contains 0.7734 ounces of pure silver, silver is currently at 36.40$. Your dollar is worth 36.40$*0.7734 in melt value or 28.15$ The 1922S has a mintage of 17,475,000 pieces.

If I missed anything let me know..

5. JustinBoi

JustinBoi New Member

These prices you are listing, is the value for each coin or both?

6. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

If your wondering about the spelling of trvst that is not an error

7. JustinBoi

JustinBoi New Member

Hmm.. interesting. I knew that 'v' and 'u' in roman or greek letters were used for the same purpose.

8. weryon

28.15$ would be for a single coin. And as KoinJester said; the spelling of trust using the letter "V" is not an error.

9. JustinBoi

JustinBoi New Member

This really helped. Thanks. Probably going to make another thread now about my next coin.

10. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Ya mighta missed the fact that the word Trust is spelled TRVST on every Peace Dollar that was ever made.

11. weryon

One must make sure to read every single post in a tread before posting ..... but i guess "mighta" is a past conditional, so you probably did :p

12. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

It looks like your 1922-S Peace dollar might have lived in a belt buckle or bolo tie at one time.

13. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

Start as many threads as you want. Members here are always more than willing to help. Ask as many questions as possible when in doubt as educating yourself is key to this hobby.

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He doesn't say anything about the spelling of Trust/Trvst being an error. It's just how he labeled the thread, and he didn't ask about that.
    The 'errors' he mentioned were regarding uploading his photos.

15. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Who's on first?

16. JustinBoi

JustinBoi New Member

Huh?

17. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

I’m asking you who’s on first! ;)

18. GJ1103

It is an old Vaudeville comedy routine made most famous by Abbott and Costello. You can watch it on Youtube. It is pretty funny.

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Well, everybody knows the routine. Perhaps he was asking how it relates to the topic.

"When the first baseman gets his paycheck, who picks it up?"
    "Who."
    "the first baseman."
    "well sometimes his wife picks it up."
    "Who's wife?"
    "Exactly!"

20. weryon

21. GJ1103

I don't know, he is pretty young. The youth these days aren't as exposed to the classics as they once were.

Draft saved Draft deleted