My 1882-S Worth Sending In ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bear32211, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

and then the oil from my Fla., sunbaked, hands ruins my pretty Morgan. Dang !

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bear32211

It's value of the piece being shipped, the cost of the grading and so on. That is why I like this group and their opinions. I feel confident it would not grade to 65 but when I look at it in my (gloved) hand it really looks good. IMO.

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Honestly bro Nothing Stops you except for you comma I've got Lincoln sent that I feel would grade really well if I sent them in. But due to cost and a slew of other problems like my health I don't

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

bear32211 likes this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Wash em once in a while, and with soap too.... and then only touch the edges. ;)

Seriously though, there really is no right or wrong; they're your coins, so whatever you're most comfortable with. However, it's good to weigh the pros and cons of each before deciding.

Cascade and bear32211 like this.
  6. bear32211

That is where I'm coming from. It's the cost issue. I can't spend money time after time even sending in several coins at a time, then waiting, and at times being disappointed at results when you wanted more. I'm not high volume like some I spend when I have it.

7. bear32211

Yep as before. I'm the small fish in the tank. I spend when I know I can and always want better results when they don't show.

8. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

We're all small fish... and those who think they're not, please post pictures of your 5-digit coins now ;-)

bear32211 likes this.
  9. bear32211

WOW five digit ? :woot: I'll show you two of my three digit :rolleyes: that's what I mean being small fish !

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Heritage Auctions alone has over 45,000 records of individual sales of US coins exceeding $10,000, and another 400,000+ exceeding $1,000. There are some pretty deep pockets in this hobby, and the next such coin which graces these pages won't exactly be the first.

bear32211 likes this.
  11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Yeah and Hugh is buying half of them ;-)

Omegaraptor and SuperDave like this.
  12. totally

totally Active Member

Hugh?

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If you really want to know, simply google "cointalk.com", "Hugh", and "Heritage"....

micbraun likes this.
  14. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

(NOTE: This is a joke)

Hey someone found his pocket piece, slabbed it, and put it on eBay:

upload_2016-8-1_14-28-44.png

15. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I would find a good airtight holder but would not get it slabbed.

Draft saved Draft deleted