Multiple major errors 2017 D Shield Cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Candy Ruiz, May 24, 2019.

1. Candy Ruiz

Candy Ruiz New Member

Hello I have a penny I found in a coin roll that has multiple errors on it. I am new to this so I will describe it best I can. I could really use some one with knowledge to help me figure out what it is worth. I was offered $25 for it but I think it is worth much more. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    1. It has a partial dime print on reverse above One cent in the shield.
    2. Double struck Obverse
    3. There is a laminate looking coating in the shape of Lincoln
    4. Double die "Liberty is doubled but backward and I believe it is upside dawn.
    5. reverse has another laminant type or die break area above the shield.
    6. There is a die something coming out of Lincoln's mouth that kind of looks like he is smoking. It goes frim the mouth to the date.
    There are probably more errors on it that I am missing. This coin is real, I had someone look at it that I just met. I want to believe he was honest but just not satisfied with the offer. I will upload pics form my phone, hopefully I can load on to this post. Thanks.
    This coin is in great condition, shiny

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Candy Ruiz

Candy Ruiz New Member

Here are pics.

Attached Files:

4. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Sorry to say your coin just has glue or something similar on it and a dime was pressed into it. Not an error of any kind. It is surprising how often coins like this are posted on the forum.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Shoulda taken that $25.... that would've been $24.99 more than your coin is worth.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  6. duMbdUck007

duMbdUck007 New Member

i found a 2017 Lincoln shield penny but when i flipped it over the shield was upside down does any one know what it is worth?

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Gonna need to see photos. The value is in the Error and mainly the condition.

Draft saved Draft deleted