MS Quarters 2011, 2011, 2012

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by LuxUnit, Nov 19, 2017.

1. LuxUnit

LuxUnit Well-Known Member

Found these in change rejection. It looks like someone got them and instantly put them in holders.

They are all PHILADELPHIA mint. They are Denali, Chickasaw, and Olympic.

Anything special or should I reuse the holders for more important coins?

There is not anything important besides their condition that I can notice.

MVIMG_20171119_202221.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LuxUnit

nothing? lol

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Worth? .75 Cents

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

6. LuxUnit

I'll check the Denali, otherwise I will reuse the other two holders for some nice silver quarters. Thanks!

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Some of the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 have low mintage.
    Keepers include: Acadia 2012, Chaco Culture 2011, El Yunque 2011, Vicksburg 2011, Olympic 2011, Glacier 2011, Gettysburg 2011, Mt. Hood 2010, Grand Canyon 2010, Yosemite 2010, Yellowstone 2010, Hot Springs 2010, North. Mariana Islands, 2009, US Virgin Islands 2009, American Samoa 2009, Guam 2009.
    Of course the very highest of condition. And, these coins won't have much value over face for 20 years. But they are the lowest minted in many many years.

LuxUnit likes this.
  8. Richard M. Renneboog

Richard M. Renneboog Active Member

What series is this? I don't see many USA quarters here in Canada, but I have most of the 'States' series harvested from pocket change over the years. I have not seen any of these, though.

9. LuxUnit

No idea to tell you the truth @Richard M. Renneboog I collect mainly pre 1964 so I dont keep track with any new quarters ha.

10. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

If they don't have a good error, then condition is everything. Usually must be at least MS66 to matter. If they grade high, put them in 2x2 s and keep or offer for trade on CT.

11. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

After the U.S. State and Territory quarter series the U.S. started the America the Beautiful series starting 2010, besides the P&D mint marks the mint decided to mint a S mint coin 2012 to preisant. Hope this helps you

12. Joea59

Joea59 Member

Is it right to say that all the "S" mint uncirculated quarters would have the lowest mintages because they were only released by the US Mint to collectors and not intended for circulation? Please let me know if that would be correct or if once again I'm wrong. lol Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  13. Michael K

Not all. Some were produced for circulation. In the Washington series from 1932-1954 the S coins were regular business strikes. From 68-98 I think they were proof only. Then they made clad S and silver S both proofs from 99-2011.
    Starting in 2012 they made business strike S coins, clad proof S coins and silver proof S coins. (Please correct me if this information is incorrect.)
    Generally speaking the S would often have the lowest mintage. But they are making them for circulation.

14. Richard M. Renneboog

Richard M. Renneboog Active Member

Thanks ungawhaa. Very helpful indeed.

15. Joea59

Joea59 Member

Thank You for your response.
    So if I understand you right, some of the "S" mint coins from the "America The Beautiful" series were release to the public through banks and such for circulation? I know they have the same strike as the circulated coins we use from the Denver and San Francisco mints but I did not know they were also released for use in circulation?

16. Michael K

Draft saved Draft deleted