MS buffalo nickel??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Barber dime 94s, May 24, 2015.

1. Barber dime 94s

Barber dime 94s Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg Hey folks
    I came across this 1938d buffalo nickel and was wondering what everyone thought of it. The listing photos are pretty bad, it does look to be unc with a bit of toning around the rims. Understanding it's going to be tough going by these photos , any idea on grade??

rzage likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

If I were going to buy it based on those images, I wouldn't go more than AU money for it. It's not that I can see any wear, but it's much better to be happy than disappointed. $12 max on this one.

rzage likes this.
  4. Barber dime 94s

I was thinking about the same as you , listing ended before anyone replied so I put in a bid and got it for around 6 bucks.
    I didn't wanna put a lot into it since it's hard to say if it's AU or ms for sure going by that photo. In my opinion it's looks unc, it's was listed as part of an album there breaking up. It seems to have a bit of toning going on, so it could be old album toning around the rims. I believe I got it at a price that if it isn't unc I still didn't do that bad.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Cool, sounds like your life won't be ruined regardless of how it turns out. Welcome to the exciting world of eBay Bad Picture Gambling! :)

Barber dime 94s likes this.
  6. Barber dime 94s

Yeah I believe I will be able to keep the lights on and feed the kids LoL. I tend to do what you call ( bad picture gambling ) quite often , I've faired pretty decent at this as it seems people don't bid as high and you can get a great coin at a discounted price. Now this isn't always the case as you said it's a gamble.

7. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

Six bucks isn't bad, AU or MS, so good buy.

8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Six bucks is a winner for that one.

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Nice pick up !!!!!

10. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Very nice!