MS 65 Morgans

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bman33, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

My bad. OP had been looking at CCs in the past. Still think he should hold out for a better example.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yeah, we were all talking CC and then WHAM, a Philly shows up. Kinda like when I toured the old Carson City mint building with my Philly att-ee-tood.

4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I started the thread just to talk about MS 65 Morgans hence the Philly being thrown in there. I was checking out a few at the coin show yesterday just to get a better feel for a 65. I don't know how much I piss off dealers by just looking at their Morgans and never buying. I only spent $44 yesterday on a Barber Half and Buffalo Nickel. For me to make it out of a show only spending 44 bucks is a minor miracle.

5. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Take your time, if a dealer ever makes you uncomfortable simply get up and walk. I did just that a the last Baltimore show after a snide remark indicating impatience from the dealer. One thing that helped me gain some confidence by building experience was viewing pre bid auction lots from Stacks and Bowers. It was great sitting viewing 10 or so Walkers with my loop with out any pressure.

V. Kurt Bellman and Bman33 like this.
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

If you've never done lot viewing at a major show, you're missing out on the best numismatic education there is, and it's free, too. You CANNOT get an equivalent online. You simply CAN'T.

Dynoking and Bman33 like this.
  7. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

+1

8. V. Kurt Bellman

And as an added bonus, the people who staff lot previewing rooms are selected for their patience and easy demeanor within a high security environment. They are almost universally a pleasure.

9. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Aha !!!!! :woot::woot::woot:Gotcha !!!! :woot::woot::woot:
    See, you didnt say spousal unit, you said units (plural). Even referring to them as some lesser entity, here 4 a rainy day...
    I told you guys, he is some sort of polygamist!!!!! L@@k !!! :pompous::watching:

10. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I would figure that being a polygamist wouldn't be as fun as it sounds...not seeing an advantage of having 2 women mad at you at the same time being a plus.
    Or explaining how the rainy day fund ,Christmas club,or vacation savings became a 1879 cc Morgan .
    I more or less see it as learning to sleep with both eyes wide open!

Draft saved Draft deleted