Moving and building a coin study.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric6794, Apr 22, 2020.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Hey all just wanted to stop in and say hi and share a bit of kinda good news. The wife and I have recently moved outta a cramped situation and I finally have a space of my own to branch out and do more CRH. I am in the procces of looking for a stereoscope as well as a camera sytem and lighting that when I can save the money up I will get. I'm starting with little to nothing as of right now other than what I already had but as per suggestion of a user I can't remember the name this will do nice to seperate coins for study, I have been working on it during slow time at work. Eventually I hope to get more serious into the hobby than what I have been in the past. Happy hunting and be safe everyone 20200422_222239.jpg .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Are those bottles in the background full of coins?

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

The more you drink the more coins you will see :)

5. eric6794

I wish

6. eric6794

AbsoluIte'ly;)

7. eric6794

After the week I've had from moving I'm ready to do my fair share after I get off if work tonight. I just got my internet back on and it's time to do a drunken run on my game lol.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. Inspector43

Be very selective in microscopes. Some won't let you see the entire coin if it is bigger than a penny. There are too many options and you need to read all the reviews. Check with other members and look at the different posts on microscopes and photography of coins.

eric6794 likes this.
  9. eric6794

Im looking at this one right now, It may be a little while before I actually buy one and this one is in the top 5 so far. https://www.amscope.com/media/catal...36e95/s/t/stereo-microscope-se400-z-led_1.jpg

10. Inspector43

I have no experience with that model. I had an AMSCOPE that had software and photographic capabilities (USB connection). I sent it back because the software was impossible to work with and the largest coin you could see in its entirety was the size of a penny. This may be different if it does not have UBS and take pictures.

eric6794 likes this.
  11. eric6794

To me it looks like it has significant space to get a full pic of the coin. I have read more good than bad on that particular model. I will be in the market for a while. I am going to spend my stimulus check on some household items and give myself a treat if and when it comes. I got my bills payed so why not lol.

12. eric6794

I got to thinking and it occurred to me I did not mention that I was only going to use the usb scope as a means to determine varieties so therefore the main goal of my purchase is close up study that can get a larger view of the coin if need be. In the future I will be looking for a camera setup for actual photography.

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted