Mother Of All Contests Framework

Discussion in 'Contests' started by spock1k, Oct 4, 2013.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Has a winner been declared yet?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Just waiting on Spock to get back to this.

4. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

The prize is a 1/10 oz gold piece. It held my attention fairly easily. I have no gold so I played hard. LOL!

sodude likes this.
  5. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

In my opinion, I think the moderators should reach out to Spock and see what is going on. It is my understanding he was having some health problems. so hopefully that is not the case and he is fine. If all is fine, then he needs to give you all an answer. This contest has gone on way too long and I think is an example on why there should be a time limit to how long contests can last. Regardless, I think all three of you should get something for your effort and how long (and patiently) you stayed with this!

6. Kasia

Well, we all know he has some issues outside of this forum. I have no problem waiting, because even though he said end of January, there are times he's been a bit behind.

The contest has been really fun, and very entertaining to me for the time it has run. I have had to get creative, and I have always been amazed at the answers people came up with.

And so, if I don't 'win', I have won, because this has been a neat experience. And I have found some people here who are strong competitors and whoever actually wins the prize definitely deserves it. I wish the best to the two people who are with me in the top three.

7. jay4202472000

I second that! I probably would have never learned much about coins/currency from India without this contest. It was pretty interesting stuff. Learned a lot about early milled coinage that circulated in the US too, through my own research for one round. It was a long contest, but quite enjoyable!

Hallingood likes this.
  8. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

you two are both class acts, but I think that running a contest for over 16 months with no resolution is a bit off-putting.

I hope Spock is ok, but he really needs to resolve the contest and declare a winner.

jon12 and heuvy31 like this.
  9. Hallingood

Hallingood Member

I concur with my fellow competitors previous posts. It has been long but a well put together and challenging contest led by Spock. I think we all had the opportunity to learn and share our knowledge which is a reward / prize in itself. I don't feel off put in the least. In fact I 'd do another such contest in a heartbeat!!! :)

jay4202472000 and Kasia like this.
  10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Now that is what i call 3 worthy finalists. :D Unfortunately there can only be one winner but the remaining 2 need not be disheartened there can always be round 2.

First the news there has been no response from the shameless mint officials. That was to be expected. Now to where i was all these days. Fighting for my share of water yes you read that right. This is going to lead to a slight change in the prize.

The contest winner is Jay because no one could score points in the last round. Congratulations Jay! The other 2 finalists will not be forgotten nor will this contest.

Now the prize I am going to substitute cash instead of the gold coin as i have no way of sending it. So Jay please send me your paypal address (pm please unless you want the whole forum to know) just make sure there are no typos once the money is gone its gone :D

Also coins might not be the most important thing for Jay at this point so he can buy a gold coin with the money he can buy any coin of his choice or he can buy something he values more. If he buys something numismatic I would request him to share that with us. Just a request we are all allowed our privacy :D

Gold is 1215 and on ebay the 1/10 oz is selling for $145. So $150 should cover it. I hope you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking part and making this contest a lot of fun.

11. Kasia

Congratulations to Jay!!!!!!!!!! And thanks, Spock, for the contest!

Hallingood likes this.
  12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Sorry the mint officials are no help. Congratulations Jay. I was glad to make it a far as it did. The 3 finalist did great.

Hallingood likes this.
  13. jay4202472000

Thank you kindly Spock! Also, thank you to my fellow competitors.

I don't have a gold coin, but I will still not own one. I'll update here when I buy them, but I plan to get a 1970-S Small Date Lincoln Cent, a VF or so 1931-S Lincoln, and if I have any money left, something from India in honor of Spock. Working toward completion of my Lincoln set is more important to me than gold.

Long days and pleasant nights!

spock1k, Hallingood and Kasia like this.
  14. Hallingood

Hallingood Member

Congratulations Jay!!! :) Yes would love to see what you buy with your prize money :) Thanks again Spock for the wonderful contest :) Had an awesome time with it!!

jay4202472000 likes this.
  15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Did I tell you how I completed my Lincoln collection. You should look it up under budgood bag. Its quite a hilarious story. :D

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I think my next contest should be on how to get these mint officials to become responsive

Hallingood and jay4202472000 like this.
  17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't feel they will be responsive. They must sign something saying they understand they will be hung if they do.

18. jay4202472000

Prize received. Thank you very much Spock!

Hallingood, Kasia and jon12 like this.
  19. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

It seems you remember him often. Is there something we don't know?

20. jay4202472000

Dak must have been before my time on coin talk.

21. Likeaboss194

Likeaboss194 Member

I would say give a coins price from 3 or 4 years ago and ask how much the price has changed and how much you think will change in the future

Draft saved Draft deleted